v16 Setting up NextPVR on Kodi 16 using Jarvis.
Big Grin 
I'm new to this, reasonably technically minded but struggling big time to setup my NextPVR service. I am trying this on both Windows 7 and a MXQ Pro box.
I have Kodi installed. I have installed NextPVR as a backend (on my Windows box, local install) and front end on Kodi. I have setup the EPG correctly (I think). However, I am lost with the Channel configuration settings on the NextPVR back end.
Name: Channel 1 (default setting)
Source: IPTV
EPG: XMLTV
udp://120.0.0.1:9050 (default setting)
EPG Path: C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab\guide.xml
Mapping: BBC 1

However, when I select it, nothing happens. The screen goes black and I have to press esc a bunch of times to exit. Where should I get the udp settings from?

Any help would be much appreciated.
I think you will have better luck if you ask your question on the NextPVR forum, as the backend needs to be working before Kodi will function as the frontend.
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
Thread moved to NextPVR section
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
NextPVR is for physical tuners. What tuner do you have connected? It can't be used for IPTV channels sourced across the internet.

If you don't have a physical tuner, then you'll need to switch to some other PVR backend.
The IPTV tuner that shows in the tuner setup is not functional. From what I've read the dev put it in there for a placeholder.

I think that was the real question?
(2016-08-02, 00:52)donbrew Wrote: The IPTV tuner that shows in the tuner setup is not functional. From what I've read the dev put it in there for a placeholder.

I think that was the real question?
"IPTV" is a pretty loose term that covers a wide variety of technologies. NextPVR supports a specific type of IPTV, specificially multi-cast UDP transport streams as used by some cable companies to provide their TV service on their own network. This IPTV functionality does not work watching HLS/MP4/FLV IPTV streams across the internet, which is a different type of technology, and not something NexPVR tries to support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up NextPVR on Kodi 16 using Jarvis.0