Force Kodi to output 1080i
Hello,

Can I force Kodi to output 1080i? I am running Kodi on OpenELEC and Cubox-i4x4 and deinterlacing on Cubox version of OpenELEC/Kodi sucks. It does not deinterlace well or at all, just slows the video output. All of my cable channels are 1080i so I need to deinterlace in order to get smooth video playback.

However my TV can deinterlace as long as the input to the TV is interlaced. Kodi, however, outputs in 1080p and I cannot choose 1080i from video settings. Can I force Kodi to output in 1080i using any setting file like advancedsettings.xml or uEnv.txt or anything like that?

Thank you for any help in advance.
Anybody? Can anybody just tell me whether it is possible, and if so, how? If it is not possible, please let me know (and for other people who are wondering the same thing).
You should check with SolidRun and their forums for a way to force your desired resolution. Usually there is a text file on the boot partition to tell U-boot what resolution to set.
(2016-07-11, 23:28)rpcameron Wrote: You should check with SolidRun and their forums for a way to force your desired resolution. Usually there is a text file on the boot partition to tell U-boot what resolution to set.

From what I read in these forums and OpenELEC forums, RPi has a text file where resolution can be set. I could not find the same info for Cubox.

On SolidRun forum user suggested I download a test image of LibreELEC 8.0 with Kodi 17.0 alpha 2. This should allow me to set output to 1080i. The user did not mention anything about text file that can be modified, leading me to think that this is not possible.

I will read about it and ask. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force Kodi to output 1080i0