Picture file shows normally apart from in slideshow
I have a PNG file - 1280*618 - it displays fine when i load it individually.
When it is loaded as part of a slideshow - it bleeds over the edge of the screen.
Cant figure out why. Windwos screen resolution is higher than the file. 1920x1080 i believe.

Nothing in logs about it at all - just the API call to start showing pics in a playlist with no error

I've checked kodi video calibration its all set correctly - and its just this one file.

Any ideas what would cause a file to be displayed differently due to being called as part of a slideshow?

I can provide logs if needed - but there is nothing relating to this in there.

Logs: http://pastebin.com/TWbGxSyT
Your pastebin is not a debug log, you need to turn on debugging in settings>system. The log as presented has over 100 errors, you might want to look at the audio settings (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911) and a search for the .png file isn't listed. So you must provide a proper debug log that show the attempt at playing that .png file. I've replicated your results, most file play within bounds, but I did get one that exhibited the behaviour you experienced, but only mildly (about 5% cut-off). Not sure what the issue is, bu let's hope the next iteration of Kodi is the fix, be patient.
Ah sorry - Debug Log - http://pastebin.com/5AMZ8uvi

The image file im having issue with is called: hg-productionwebsite-overview.png

I wondered if it was to do with the png format, tried with JPG - same thing.
As you have seen, its only a small over-bleed but the images im displaying are tightly cropped screenshots.

These logs are from a different system, but also on windows.
I'll try on a raspberry pi with libreelec to try and track the issue down a bit more.
How is Kodi launched? Keeping both screens open? extended mode? Kodi launched first or after extended mode is open?? Do you drag Kodi from one screen to the next?

Primary mode: 1920x1080@ 30.00i - Full Screen
Secondary mode: 1680x1050@ 60.00 #2 - Full Screen

HOW-TO:Reduce disk space usage (wiki) There's an advancedsettings that will limit size, I doubt this will help-, but it's worth a try. You might want to change the acceleration mode, and see if routines in the graphic engine are responsible.

FTW: Specify the maximal resolution that art should be resized to in pixels. The width is automatically calculated as being 16/9*height. The image will be resized to fit within this size. e.g. an image that is 2000x500 will be cached at size 1280x320. An image that is 500x800 will be cached at size 450x720 using the default value of 720.

I worry that once the image is cached, the resizing will not help without a purge of that cache.
Resizing images has helped - just annoying as i have to display less info per image just to ensure its shown properly.
Thanks for your assistance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture file shows normally apart from in slideshow0