No listing for correct sound device when started with systemctl
If I start kodi on boot with systemd I can't select my correct sound device. Doesn't even list it. If I disable the service and boot to gnome then start kodi I can see and select the correct sound device. I have purged pulse audio and disabled it in /etc/pulse/client.conf per this.

kodi.service I am using
Code:
[Unit]
Description = Kodi Media Center

# if you don't need the MySQL DB backend, this should be sufficient
After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target

# if you need the MySQL DB backend, use this block instead of the previous
# After = systemd-user-sessions.service network.target sound.target mysql.service
# Wants = mysql.service

[Service]
User = adam
Group = adam
Type = simple
#PAMName = login # you might want to try this one, did not work on all systems
ExecStart = /usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/dbus-launch --exit-with-session /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -nolisten tcp vt7
Restart = on-abort
RestartSec = 5

[Install]
WantedBy = multi-user.target

Using Gnome ubuntu 16.04, Graphics card is a geforce950 with hdmi and updated drivers. As I type this from work I am thinking I should look in dmesg. Been awhile since I've had to tinker in the loonix world. Anyways if you have some thoughts feel free to let me know.

Thanks

EDIT: I should check if alsa-utils is installed first.
Check with systemd-analyze to see which service is started too late.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Nothing standing out that I see.

http://sprunge.us/MiZN
You need those in order! Not just their times. Plot an svg and see.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah, thank you for the tip.

http://imgh.us/plot_33.svg

Looks like kodi.service is after sound.target. Would a kodi debug log be helpful? I figured the issue was before kodi so I haven't done one yet.

EDIT: Well I feel like a muppet. Turns out my user wasn't apart of the audio group. Thanks Gnome Ubuntu. So moral is check the easiest solution first. Sorry for wasting your time. All is working fine now.
Nope - muppets don't come back and see their own error - they continue to blame someone else :-) so all fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No listing for correct sound device when started with systemctl0