v17 [Request] How-to for AMD Platform
Question 
Fritsch, first of all, THANK YOU so much for continuously supporting the community here. Big effort and much appreciated.
This said, I'd like to ask if you'd have some free time available to post a refreshed how-to for fresh install with Kodi 17 on latest Ubuntu for AMD platforms. Thank you very much.

Cheers,
End!
Just use the VAAPI howto but don't install the vaapi ppa and install mesa-vdpau-drivers and xserver-xorg-video-radeon.

In the setting don't use VAAPI, but VDPAU with all options enabled.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Hi Fritsch. For the AMD Platform:
- Is it still required to use your custom kernel/headers for improved colour range management/switching to correct mode? (Y/N):
- If yes, I assume I need to add the "Video 16:235 pass-through" mode in autostart? (Y/N):
- For a full-range TV, unselect "Use Limited Range" and enable 8-bit dithereing for best quality output if using your custom kernel? (Y/N):
- For a full-range TV, not using your custom kernel, select "Use Limited Range" for best quality output? (Y/N):

Thank you Smile
1 no
2 therefore no
3 yes
4 no as amd defaults to full range. Post xrandr --verbose to see if something changed
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Request] How-to for AMD Platform0