Shortcut to add-on manager from add-on settings (not the main settings window)
EDIT: Never mind. I see that this is still very much under development on github.

Since Kodi v10, users have been trained to access the add-on manager from an option in the top level of the system settings. The new default skin changes this to the add-on manager being accessed from the home screen add-on menu. I have no objection to that, however, I would like to ask that a small line be added to act as a shortcut, and place it here:

Settings -> System -> Add-ons -> Add-on manager

We already have two such shortcuts for "dependancies" and "running". It might not help everyone find the add-on manager right away, but most will likely find it as they poke through things.

In addition to that, it can be very confusing to users to see an add-on settings window that does not have any link to the add-on manager.

The same can be said for Live TV/PVR. I think the Live TV settings menu should have a shortcut to the PVR add-ons window in the add-on manager.

I think this would have a significant impact on helping people find where things have gone, while still keeping the improved settings layout.
Bumping this again since it seems to be staying this way. We need a shortcut or something. Having the add-on manager, which itself is a form of settings in enabling/disabling add-ons and getting to add-on settings, accessible from settings makes sense. It doesn't actually have to live there, but there needs to be a path, or else a lot of users are going to be confused. It's not logical the way it is now.
I had the same idea see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10205

Seems not everyone shares the same view on this.
+1 I would appreciate if there was a setting to access the add-on browser in the settings. Currently if I need to change a setting on an add-on that I have or add a new one I have to go to skin settings turn on the add-on main menu item then go back to the main menu and select add-on browser from there. I have the main menu add-on item turned off because I do not need to access it on a day to day basis. I know that the majority of people do use the add-on main menu every day but I would like to point out that not everyone does.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shortcut to add-on manager from add-on settings (not the main settings window)0