New PartyMode idea
I was thinking about a new feature last night, and wonder how feasible it would be to implement.

Our big TV company here in the UK, Sky TV, has a music channel whereby you can choose to listen to a genre of music, simply by choosing a relevant graphical CD cover. So, you could choose the "chillout" cd and it would play nothing but chillout all evening, etc

I wonder whether something like this would be possible via party mode (or any other kind of mode, tbh). You could use a drop-down menu of sorts, and choose a genre. Obviously this would be gather information from the id tag, but I thought it might be a neat idea.

How often have you just thought "I'd love to listen to some rock, or chillout"...perhaps this way you could?
You can do it via XML (PartyMode.xml)

I think spiff may have made it doable from the GUI as well, via the smartplayist editor - you probably get to it from context menu after starting partymode.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yes its all guiable. from now playing context if party mode is enabled
do you think it's a feature people would want to use?
Um, you CAN use it already.

Obviously it's something that people would want, as it was added already!
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

its already there. either you use party mode and edit its rules. or you just use a bunch of xsp's . i dont see us needing to do anything else
having an extra option that people can see, that they are able to choose a genre of music without having to edit the code every time you fancy another genre perhaps?
They can choose the Genre they want via the context menu by altering the rules for partymode.

All from the GUI.

You don't have to edit code at all.

who would alter the rules? is this context menu already part of pm3? I dont think I've seen it?
well its there. and i dont get your who would alter the rules question
sorry, but i didnt see the rules until now
I don't have clue how to code anything in XBMC, but using the Smartplaylist XML works fine. Now I might have an new idea for a future(?) playlist engine;

Build in a feature to shorten the play length of the tracks in a playlist. For instance fading into each next track in 90 seconds - we'll never need a real DJ again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New PartyMode idea0