• 102(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2017-03-03, 16:25)kmengvik Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 15:55)primaeval Wrote: There won't be anything in the Addons tab until you add some addons. Wink

In the next tab Browse find an addon folder with live tv channels then press Add Folder.
That will add all the streams in the folder to a file called addons.ini in your addon_data folder.
The next time you open Stream Setup the channels should be in the Addons tab.
If the streams match your xmltv channels you should get a chance to choose one when you play a channel.

Thank you for ultimate fast response. However, this way also fail, as I seem to be unable to browse folders. At the bottom of the "browse" tab I find the button "add folder". By clicking here I get a dialog proposing the following two options: "default" and "alternative streaming method". Then nothing again..

Have you got any video addons installed?
I always test with BBC iplayer WWW but it depends where you live.

In the Browse tab you have to select an addon.
Click on it.
Wait.
Select a Folder.
Click.
Wait.
Add Folder.
Select Default.
(2017-03-03, 16:31)primaeval Wrote: Have you got any video addons installed?

Click on it.
Wait.
Select a Folder.
Click.
Wait.
Add Folder.
Select Default.

Yes, several addons. In the browse tab one addon actually is listed, but it is not the one I use for tv streams. The correct addon is not listed.
(2017-03-03, 16:38)kmengvik Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 16:31)primaeval Wrote: Have you got any video addons installed?

Click on it.
Wait.
Select a Folder.
Click.
Wait.
Add Folder.
Select Default.

Yes, several addons. In the browse tab one addon actually is listed, but it is not the one I use for tv streams. The correct addon is not listed.

There might be something wrong then.
Sometimes strange characters in the addon name or channels can cause problems.
Have a look for any ERRORs in the kodi.log file about script.tvguide.fullscreen.
You can post a link to your kodi.log file as long as there are no banned addons in there.
http://kodi.wiki/view/Banned_add-ons
I suddenly have problems with lab2 - tvguide.co.uk, using an email address - it does not retrieve the epg for half the channels. Have reset the database and also tried a clean install

@primaeval - I have pm'd you my email address so you can maybe try and replicate the problem when you have time. Thanks.
(2017-03-03, 19:00)enerdude Wrote: I suddenly have problems with lab2 - tvguide.co.uk, using an email address - it does not retrieve the epg for half the channels. Have reset the database and also tried a clean install

@primaeval - I have pm'd you my email address so you can maybe try and replicate the problem when you have time. Thanks.

It's not us. It's them. Wink

Their site is having problems. If you click on some of the channels where the listings come from you get this.
(2017-03-03, 21:34)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 19:00)enerdude Wrote: I suddenly have problems with lab2 - tvguide.co.uk, using an email address - it does not retrieve the epg for half the channels. Have reset the database and also tried a clean install

It's not us. It's them. Wink

Their site is having problems. If you click on some of the channels where the listings come from you get this.

Ok thanks for looking into the problem anyway.
(2017-03-03, 16:42)primaeval Wrote: There might be something wrong then.
Have a look for any ERRORs in the kodi.log file about script.tvguide.fullscreen.
You can post a link to your kodi.log file as long as there are no banned addons in there.

One: Thank you heaps for fast and well intended support. It is highly appreciated. I have installed the TV Guide Fullscreen on two different systems, and it is the same on both. Correct addon will not display. Anyway, this is no biggie as I can just add the streams as favourites in KODI first.

Two: The TV Guide Fullscreen looks very impressive. However I wonder if there is a manual to it? How to find the proper correct keys on the keyboard to operate the EPG in the best possible way. Also the settings are a very comprehensive, and I think I need more in depth guidance on how to properly set it up for my particular use. I just use it for streaming IPTV channels.

Three: I am now trying to accomplish two very crucial tasks: Include some US channels to my xmltv file, and setting up auto update of the same. For the US channel part, I went with the instructions found in Jan van Straaten's ini pack. The way I went with was the one for tv.com. The export cookie, edit ini and so on. Even if I believe I followed the instuctions carefully, it failed. The WG+V.2 created two xml files in this case. The one I asked for in the config file, and another one called "tv.com.channels.xml" In addition it created the files "WebGrab++.log.txt" and "hot_cookies.txt". I opened the xml I asked for in editor and found that only the line called "dummy" channel from Jan's guide was added from the tv.com list. I probably have not understood how I should use the "dummy" channel line as Jan described. Also opened the other xml, the "tv.com.channels.xml". In here it looks like ALL channels from tv.com list is added, even if I only selected two channels as favourites before I exported the cookie.

For the auto update of xml part, I have not even started to try yet. But as far as I have understood, I must set this up by using a KODI addon for WG++? Can I use the WG++V.2 also here? Will the process work if I place the WG++ files on my NAS drive rather than on a local PC?

Thanks again, and thanks for building this brilliant EPG Smile
(2017-03-04, 18:35)kmengvik Wrote:
(2017-03-03, 16:42)primaeval Wrote: There might be something wrong then.

One: Thank you heaps for fast and well intended support. It is highly appreciated. I have installed the TV Guide Fullscreen on two different systems, and it is the same on both. Correct addon will not display. Anyway, this is no biggie as I can just add the streams as favourites in KODI first.

Two: The TV Guide Fullscreen looks very impressive. However I wonder if there is a manual to it? How to find the proper correct keys on the keyboard to operate the EPG in the best possible way. Also the settings are a very comprehensive, and I think I need more in depth guidance on how to properly set it up for my particular use. I just use it for streaming IPTV channels.

Three: I am now trying to accomplish two very crucial tasks: Include some US channels to my xmltv file, and setting up auto update of the same. For the US channel part, I went with the instructions found in Jan van Straaten's ini pack. The way I went with was the one for tv.com. The export cookie, edit ini and so on. Even if I believe I followed the instuctions carefully, it failed. The WG+V.2 created two xml files in this case. The one I asked for in the config file, and another one called "tv.com.channels.xml" In addition it created the files "WebGrab++.log.txt" and "hot_cookies.txt". I opened the xml I asked for in editor and found that only the line called "dummy" channel from Jan's guide was added from the tv.com list. I probably have not understood how I should use the "dummy" channel line as Jan described. Also opened the other xml, the "tv.com.channels.xml". In here it looks like ALL channels from tv.com list is added, even if I only selected two channels as favourites before I exported the cookie.

For the auto update of xml part, I have not even started to try yet. But as far as I have understood, I must set this up by using a KODI addon for WG++? Can I use the WG++V.2 also here? Will the process work if I place the WG++ files on my NAS drive rather than on a local PC?

Thanks again, and thanks for building this brilliant EPG Smile

I'll send you a pm with my email so we can have a look at the addon problem.

There is no manual just a few posts with instructions in. I usually mark mine with a red exclamation mark symbol.
There is a list of the default keys in Settings \ Help \ Commands Keys.
It should show you what is possible.

I think you are close with tv.com. You need to copy in the channels from tv.com.channels.xml to WebGrab++.config.xml
You could see if my Webgrab+Plus Configurator addon helps.
There is an Experimental Site Wizard for tv.com and a tutorial for Windows and LibreELEC.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=285918
I haven't updated it for Webgrab 2 yet but the config files are the same.
Hi guys. I'm trying to set up a secondary xmltv listing, but it doesn't show up.
What I've done so far:
Added to.tv Canada bell channels.
When I run the guide I get the 1 channel, perfect.
The second xmltv guide is from a URL.
With this added when I start the guide I just get the one channel from yo.tv.
If I only have the guide url set, not in Lab3 it loads fine.
Am I unable to do this because I'm using the yo.tv guide as my primary guide?
(2017-03-05, 01:23)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi guys. I'm trying to set up a secondary xmltv listing, but it doesn't show up.
What I've done so far:

The secondary xmltv source will only work if the primary source is xmltv too.
It was hard enough to do that. Wink
(2017-03-05, 08:02)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-03-05, 01:23)ed_davidson Wrote: Hi guys. I'm trying to set up a secondary xmltv listing, but it doesn't show up.
What I've done so far:

The secondary xmltv source will only work if the primary source is xmltv too.
It was hard enough to do that. Wink

That's what I thought thanks.
Hi
Trying to set this up from the guide in the original post but see no zip file when I try to Install from Zip. There is just nothing in the list.
Is it something to do with the " * requires an xmltv" at the top of the page which I do not understand.
Just spent 2 hrs puzzling over this so time to ask for help
(2017-03-06, 12:44)PhilSitch Wrote: Hi
Trying to set this up from the guide in the original post but see no zip file when I try to Install from Zip. There is just nothing in the list.
Is it something to do with the " * requires an xmltv" at the top of the page which I do not understand.
Just spent 2 hrs puzzling over this so time to ask for help

You need to install the repo zip and install the guide from the repo.
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip
In Krypton you need to enable a setting to use external repos. This addon hasn't been checked by Kodi staff.

This post tells you a bit about how to set up xmltv and other sources.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2446405

Beware that tvguide.co.uk is having problems at the moment and probably won't work.
Thanks
At least I now have the Addon there - need to spend some time understanding where to go from there.

At the moment, selecting it does nothing but will have a look at Settings.
Not quite sure then you say tvguide.co.uk is having problems at the moment and probably won't work
- is this the reason why I get no response from trying to fire up the Addon or is tvguide.co.uk just one part of it and is not the reason why the Addon itself fails to respond at all ?
(2017-03-07, 12:29)PhilSitch Wrote: Thanks
At least I now have the Addon there - need to spend some time understanding where to go from there.

At the moment, selecting it does nothing but will have a look at Settings.
Not quite sure then you say tvguide.co.uk is having problems at the moment and probably won't work
- is this the reason why I get no response from trying to fire up the Addon or is tvguide.co.uk just one part of it and is not the reason why the Addon itself fails to respond at all ?

Most TV Guides you see out in kodiland have a built in xmltv source and limited support for various tv channel addons.
This addon needs you to find or make an xmltv source but it lets you connect to almost all tv channel addons.

There are a few Alternative Sources in Settings \ Lab2 that you can use instead of an xmltv source.
Schedules Direct costs but it is pretty comprehensive, although there are no program images so far.
yo.tv covers lots of countries and might be a good starting point. It might not be reliable if you refresh channels around midnight. I'm never up that late so I haven't been able to fix it yet.

There are 2 reasons I mention tvguide.co.uk.
It is one of the best sources for uk xmltv.
It is one of the Alternative Sources in Settings \ Lab 2.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8