• 109(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2017-03-28, 10:14)gillmacca Wrote: Had to reinstall tv guide due to an issue my end I couldn't resolve. Everything is working fine now, except for one thing.
I have keymapped some buttons (s for search, r for remind, c for categories). Search and Remind are working fine, but when pressing 'c' the categories are not appearing. The current program is no longer highlighted (which is what normally happens when the categories are shown, but nothing appears at the top of the guide.). If I swap to the catbar skin, the categories are listed there, but not in the default skin. I have the menu line in the actions.py, and menu is assigned to 61507. There have been a couple of updates to the tv guide, so not sure if something has broken there. This was working fine before I reinstalled the tv guide

edit: I have also tried re-assigning the menu button to another button, but the same thing happens

I'm not sure if something has changed to do with this. I added a lot of changes for tycoo's forthcoming skin recently which might affect some controls.

I don't think it is a good idea to map up "c" to something as the default is to open the context menu everywhere in Kodi.

The default setting to get to the category bar in catbar is the "Show OSD" command which doesn't have a default setting in Kodi.
I just mapped it up to "a" and that worked ok.
Normally you just go Up on the first page of channels to get to it, or change
Settings \ Appearance \ Up to Category Bar

The category bar in the Default skin is different than the CatBar category bar. By default the "m" "menu" key will bring it up in both skins.

In ActionEditor.py the actions are:
to get to the CatBar skin category bar
Code:
"CATEGORIES_BAR": ["ACTION_SHOW_OSD"],
to get to the normal Default skin category bar
Code:
"CATEGORIES": ["ACTION_MENU"],
Question:

Is Krypton slower to change channels than Jarvis or is it just me?
(2017-03-28, 14:58)primaeval Wrote: Question:

Doesn't seem slow, but the picture freezes for the first second or two, while audio keeps playing
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP

I find Krypton a lot slower than 16.1, especially when moving up and down menus in addons.
(2017-03-28, 10:14)gillmacca Wrote: Had to reinstall tv guide due to an issue my end I couldn't resolve. Everything is working fine now, except for one thing.
I have keymapped some buttons (s for search, r for remind, c for categories). Search and Remind are working fine, but when pressing 'c' the categories are not appearing. The current program is no longer highlighted (which is what normally happens when the categories are shown, but nothing appears at the top of the guide.). If I swap to the catbar skin, the categories are listed there, but not in the default skin. I have the menu line in the actions.py, and menu is assigned to 61507. There have been a couple of updates to the tv guide, so not sure if something has broken there. This was working fine before I reinstalled the tv guide

edit: I have also tried re-assigning the menu button to another button, but the same thing happens

@Tycoo Has made a fix for this. See if 0.0.325 works ok.
(2017-03-28, 15:41)gillmacca Wrote:

Doesn't seem slow, but the picture freezes for the first second or two, while audio keeps playing

I'm glad it's not just me. The freeze is really annoying. I've got a Kodi debug build now so I'll see if I can spot anything when I get time.
Can you add a way to edit the channel lists of non-schedules direct xmls from the settings panel?

I know you can do it from within the guide, but if the guide does not load you can not edit the channels; my list is too large and would need to filter it.
(2017-03-28, 19:34)primaeval Wrote:

@Tycoo Has made a fix for this. See if 0.0.325 works ok.

Many thanks. Working great again
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
(2017-03-28, 23:58)htpcmac Wrote: Can you add a way to edit the channel lists of non-schedules direct xmls from the settings panel?

I know you can do it from within the guide, but if the guide does not load you can not edit the channels; my list is too large and would need to filter it.

There aren't any tools in Settings.
If you have found a bug that won't let you load the guide pm me a debug log and I'll take a look.
If you have a big list you might want to use Webgrab+Plus to create a smaller more manageable list.
If you really want to edit the channels outside the guide you can directly edit the source.db file and set the visibility flag of channels there.
Here is a good sqlite editor.
http://sqlitebrowser.org/
I've got a problem with channel numbers at the moment. I'm using xmltv id's and I've got the setting SCROLL IN EPG, PLAY IN TV. When I enter a number in the EPG it will scroll to the selected channel and show it at the top if the list but the focus will stay in which ever row it was previously in instead of highlighting the channel I just entered.

Also in TV mode if I enter a channel number it will change the channel but it will change it to the one that is in focus in the epg and not the one I have entered.

Hope that made sense?
(2017-03-29, 08:51)syztemlord Wrote: I've got a problem with channel numbers at the moment. I'm using xmltv id's and I've got the setting SCROLL IN EPG, PLAY IN TV. When I enter a number in the EPG it will scroll to the selected channel and show it at the top if the list but the focus will stay in which ever row it was previously in instead of highlighting the channel I just entered.

Also in TV mode if I enter a channel number it will change the channel but it will change it to the one that is in focus in the epg and not the one I have entered.

Hope that made sense?

I haven't got xmltv ids set up at the moment. It seems to work ok with index ids. Is it just the xmltv ids that have probelems?
Do you know when it started going wrong? The catchup channel might have messed things up or the recent changes for the white snow skin.
[EDIT] Try a Settings\Source\Reset on Start to clear the channel numbering.
I can't reproduce it when I use the Shortcut Editor to make a couple of channels numeric.
(2017-03-29, 09:27)primaeval Wrote: [EDIT] Try a Settings\Source\Reset on Start to clear the channel numbering.
I can't reproduce it when I use the Shortcut Editor to make a couple of channels numeric.

Just tried that but it still doesn't work. I've just pm'd you a link to my xmltv file if you'd like to try it.

I think I was using 317 the other day and that worked ok but I'd updated since and don't have the package to test again.

Also tried index id's and they don't work either, the selected channel scrolls to the top but the focus remains on whichever row you are currently in.
I use webgrab now for a while. It shows me today all the shows of tomorrow. maybe my xml is wrong configured.
(2017-03-29, 18:21)syztemlord Wrote:
(2017-03-29, 09:27)primaeval Wrote: [EDIT] Try a Settings\Source\Reset on Start to clear the channel numbering.

Just tried that but it still doesn't work. I've just pm'd you a link to my xmltv file if you'd like to try it.

I think I was using 317 the other day and that worked ok but I'd updated since and don't have the package to test again.

Also tried index id's and they don't work either, the selected channel scrolls to the top but the focus remains on whichever row you are currently in.

I just went back to 0.0.306 and it scrolls to the channel at the top but the focus stays where it was.
So it looks like it never moved the focus.
I'll look into a fix.
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8