TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
primaeval Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-05-19 00:47)rocko Wrote:  How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko

I don't know what Andy has done but usually you just right click on the Category and "Remove Channels".
It is right under the option to "Add Channels".
find quote
JQZ* Offline
(2017-05-19 07:26)primaeval Wrote:  
(2017-05-19 00:47)rocko Wrote:  How do you delete or rename category channels. I'm using Andy's blue screen.

Thanks again
Rocko

I don't know what Andy has done but usually you just right click on the Category and "Remove Channels".

There is only an "Add Category" menu in the "EPG Settings" fly-out menu. There are no individual category menus to be able to provide that "Remove Channels" option per category.
find quote
primaeval Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-05-19 14:59)JQZ* Wrote:  
(2017-05-19 07:26)primaeval Wrote:  

Thanks again
Rocko

There is only an "Add Category" menu in the "EPG Settings" fly-out menu. There are no individual category menus to be able to provide that "Remove Channels" option per category.

You'll have to use a different skin or fix Andy's.
It works fine in all mine. Wink
find quote
JQZ* Offline
(2017-05-19 15:22)primaeval Wrote:  
(2017-05-19 14:59)JQZ* Wrote:  
(2017-05-19 07:26)primaeval Wrote:  I don't know what Andy has done but usually you just right click on the Category and "Remove Channels".

You'll have to use a different skin or fix Andy's.
It works fine in all mine. Wink

Indeed. I suppose I could reduce the width of the right side of his menu and squeeze in room for a 3rd column to replicate your cat column. But I've got a number of other irons in the fire right now. Will sharpen my fuzzy TVGFS "3D" logo that displays when no program image is available for the main EPG at some point too. Smile

[Image: pAtNCiR.png]
find quote
primaeval Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-05-19 16:23)JQZ* Wrote:  ^^^

Did you get the add/remove channels working for the Categories?
That is what rocko is stuck with.
Maybe pm him if there is something in the skin that shouldn't be shared here.
find quote
JQZ* Offline
(2017-05-19 16:52)primaeval Wrote:  
(2017-05-19 16:23)JQZ* Wrote:  ^^^

Did you get the add/remove channels working for the Categories?
That is what rocko is stuck with.
Maybe pm him if there is something in the skin that shouldn't be shared here.

No. Andy didn't include the individual cat menus anywhere like the ones on the left column in your menu. They''d have to be added back into his menu xml to enable those options again. Have to confess I've not used cats much, and have yet to figure out how categories.ini interacts with main xml. I'm guessing it could be modified manually, or a custom categories.ini file created and configured in settings. But I haven't had any success at getting a custom cat ini working yet. Undecided

EDIT: I'll look at the menu xml more closely. Seems I should be able to add code to add/remove channels where he's got the cats listed at the top of the menu. If clicking on then can set them, I'd guess It should be possible to add a context menu to each and include code to add/remove channels.
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-19 17:22 by JQZ*.)
find quote
FXB78 Offline
(2017-05-19 17:11)JQZ* Wrote:  No. Andy didn't include the individual cat menus anywhere like the ones on the left column in your menu. They''d have to be added back into his menu xml to enable those options again. Have to confess I've not used cats much, and have yet to figure out how categories.ini interacts with main xml. I'm guessing it could be modified manually, or a custom categories.ini file created and configured in settings. But I haven't had any success at getting a custom cat ini working yet. Undecided
If you post a link to your skin files I'm sure somebody would help you fix it up.
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-19 17:20 by FXB78.)
find quote
JQZ* Offline
(2017-05-19 17:19)FXB78 Wrote:  
(2017-05-19 17:11)JQZ* Wrote:  No. Andy didn't include the individual cat menus anywhere like the ones on the left column in your menu. They''d have to be added back into his menu xml to enable those options again. Have to confess I've not used cats much, and have yet to figure out how categories.ini interacts with main xml. I'm guessing it could be modified manually, or a custom categories.ini file created and configured in settings. But I haven't had any success at getting a custom cat ini working yet. Undecided
If you post a link to your skin files I'm sure somebody would help you fix it up.

That'd be really great FXB78. I'll see if I can get that set up and post a link later in the afternoon. 2 other things I've not sorted are mouse scrolling in Quick EPG, and main EPG background still blinking when scrolling with either mouse of keyboard.
find quote
JQZ* Offline
It just hit me to enable Settings > Appearance > Up to Categories Bar = Always. Then when you scroll to the top of the channels in the main EPG, the category menu pops up at the bottom of the guide. From there you can highlight a category, & enter the context menu that includes all the options to add/remove/clear channels and add a new category. So I'll leave the menu xml as it is for now. Have also PMed Rocko about this.

EDIT: Looking at this more rested I now find all category menu functions in this skin can be accessed right in the main menu. Up to cat bar in settings isn't needed. You can simply navigate up to the category menu, go right to the category you want to modify and bring up the context menu. Decent sleep does help see the obvious. Wink
(This post was last modified: 2017-05-20 05:54 by JQZ*.)
find quote
nigelj88 Offline
hi first of all i love you guide you have done a great job ! i have not been able to install this via installing repo so i pulled it of the website and installed via external storage everything on it works a dream.
The only thing i cant seem to get to work is getting the skin kindly posted by Kjb85 i really like the look of it i have tried downloading the file from the website and in the skins menu going down to folder and selecting it but then my kodi crashes with a black screen if anyone can help it would be much appreciated !
find quote
primaeval Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-05-20 10:53)nigelj88 Wrote:  hi first of all i love you guide you have done a great job ! i have not been able to install this via installing repo so i pulled it of the website and installed via external storage everything on it works a dream.
The only thing i cant seem to get to work is getting the skin kindly posted by Kjb85 i really like the look of it i have tried downloading the file from the website and in the skins menu going down to folder and selecting it but then my kodi crashes with a black screen if anyone can help it would be much appreciated !

Thanks. I really wouldn't install this manually if I were you. The zip files will probably install in the wrong addon folder and you won't be able to keep up with the bug fixes.
If the addons end up in the wrong folder all the internal paths won't match and you will get some subtle errors.
The repo zip is this:
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip

It sounds like you are trying to install the kjb skin as a Kodi skin. It is not a Kodi skin.

Again, install the KJB Skin addon from my repo so it ends up in the right place.
Then click on the "TV Guide Fullscreen - KJB Skin" addon in Programs.
That will set up TV Guide Fullscreen to use the correct folder, skin name and several other settings for the KJB Skin.

Sometimes you need to enter the skin addon twice because the texture names for skins are cached by Kodi and need to be updated.
find quote
nigelj88 Offline
great thanks for the help i have it all installed now thanks i have one issue and that is when i am watching a channel press the back button to get to the guide and all the channel names are black the only thing you can see is the channel infromation and the preview of channel in top right any help would be great
find quote
primaeval Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-05-20 12:30)nigelj88 Wrote:  great thanks for the help i have it all installed now thanks i have one issue and that is when i am watching a channel press the back button to get to the guide and all the channel names are black the only thing you can see is the channel infromation and the preview of channel in top right any help would be great

I've never seen that happen.

Try a Kodi restart and go back to the Default skin and see if it is a problem with the KJB skin.
It might just be the texture caching that I mentioned earlier.

If you have changed lots of settings I would recommend experimenting in a new Kodi Profile.

There are a lot of settings that affect the appearance and are only really useful for some skins.

I would also recommend setting all the Settings to Default before you enable a new skin.
Only the changes from Default are modified when you click on a skin addon.
find quote
nigelj88 Offline
it seems to be only when i have the preview screen enabled if i disable it the guide comes up fine i have set it back to default skin and same thing happens

i also wounderd if there is a way to add some channels to the list im not interested in information for them as they are 24/7 channels showing the same thing
find quote
primaeval Offline
Posting Freak
(2017-05-20 12:41)nigelj88 Wrote:  it seems to be only when i have the preview screen enabled if i disable it the guide comes up fine i have set it back to default skin and same thing happens

i also wounderd if there is a way to add some channels to the list im not interested in information for them as they are 24/7 channels showing the same thing

You might be have a problem with the MediaSurface Codec acceleration with some devices
I think the setting is in
Kodi \ System \ Settings \ Video \ Acceleration
Try turning it off.

You can disable channels in
Context Menu \ Channels
Click on them to toggle visibility.
Then press Save.

You can also create Categories and only add the channels you are interested in.

If you make your own xmltv file just don't add the channels to that.
find quote