• 47(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
(2016-12-05, 12:06)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 12:03)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 11:13)primaeval Wrote: Almost there. Don't Save. Press Alt Stream.

Save saves as the primary stream.
Alt Stream adds it as an alternative stream.

After highlighting the stream I want to allocate as the Alt Stream, I don't have an option to press Alt Stream.

The options I have at the bottom of the stream are Preview, Save, Cancel and Add Folder.

You have to do it in the Addons tab. I ran out of space in the Browse tab and couldn't be arsed to move everything around there. Maybe someday. Wink
Add Folder first. Then come back to Stream Setup and find it in the Addons tab.

Not working as I thought, I add folder, then when I choose channel from EPG I get told there are multiple addons that provide this stream, but now I am stuck and I am only shown the options in the addon of the highlighted stream when I chose add folder.

What I wanted to do was set up a BBC1 HD stream from addon X as my main stream and a BBC1 SD stream from addon Y as my alt stream. By setting up a folder I am stuck in choosing from addon Y streams.
(2016-12-05, 12:25)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 12:06)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 12:03)Jeffers24 Wrote: After highlighting the stream I want to allocate as the Alt Stream, I don't have an option to press Alt Stream.

The options I have at the bottom of the stream are Preview, Save, Cancel and Add Folder.

You have to do it in the Addons tab. I ran out of space in the Browse tab and couldn't be arsed to move everything around there. Maybe someday. Wink
Add Folder first. Then come back to Stream Setup and find it in the Addons tab.

Not working as I thought, I add folder, then when I choose channel from EPG I get told there are multiple addons that provide this stream, but now I am stuck and I am only shown the options in the addon of the highlighted stream when I chose add folder.

What I wanted to do was set up a BBC1 HD stream from addon X as my main stream and a BBC1 SD stream from addon Y as my alt stream. By setting up a folder I am stuck in choosing from addon Y streams.

That just goes to prove that devs can never really read the minds of users. Smile
I'll add another Alt Stream button in Browse for you later.
Wink 
If you could read minds you would be unique, maybe you would not be doing what you are doing Wink
version 0.0.219
- Stream Setup \ Browse \ Alt Stream

@Jeffers24 Think of a button. Any button.
Is it Alt Stream in Browse?
(2016-12-05, 11:03)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 10:31)primaeval Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 10:21)Jeffers24 Wrote: I am still having problems allocating an alternative stream, based on my thinking that by having an alternative screen I can have two streams allocated to a channel and choose between them when I select a channel to play.

Go to menu, choose add alternative stream, choose stream but it replaces the stream I already had allocated to the channel?

How is alternative stream supposed to work and how do I allocate a main and an alternative stream to A channel

There might be a bug somewhere in there. I occasionally think something is wrong but I can't see why.
I'll look deeper when I see it again.

This is how it should work:

Set up your main channel first like you normally do:
either: Add Folder to add addon streams to the addons.ini file
or: Stream Setup, select a channel and press Save

If there is an exact match with a Favourite it should choose that when you try to play the channel.
If not it should show you all the partial matches for your channel (depending on how you set up Channel Matching in Appearance).

Then Select an Alternative Stream in a similar way.

Use Add Alt Stream to get the Choose Stream dialog to come up.

Or go into Stream Setup, select a Favourite or Addon channel and press Alt Stream to add it directly.

When you play a channel if it finds a main channel and alternative channels it should show the select dialog.

To remove them use the Clear Alt Stream button in Stream Setup.

Hope this helps to recreate what I am doing/experiencing.

I set up the main stream for BBC1 by going to menu, stream setup, browse, select addon, choose BBC1 and save.

All my mains streams for a channel work no probs.

To set up alt stream for a BBC1, EPG displayed with nothing playing, BBC1 channel highlighted, go to menu, choose add alt stream, choose browse, select addon, choose BBC2 and save which takes me back to EPG.

Select BBC1 channel and BBC2 stream plays, so alt stream has replaced main stream.

Here's what I do to add an alternative stream after saving primary.

Stream. Setup / chose my stream / alt stream / save.

Seems to work for me.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.220
- pre-find program images (up,down,left,right of current program)

If you go slowly enough the next channel or program's images should be found before you get there if possible.
(2016-12-05, 15:27)primaeval Wrote: version 0.0.219

If not too late for input, I don't think you need another button, having already chosen Add Alt Stream from the long vertical menu, using the save button should save my chosen stream as the alt stream not the main stream.

Thanks for looking at this
(2016-12-05, 19:01)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2016-12-05, 15:27)primaeval Wrote: version 0.0.219

If not too late for input, I don't think you need another button, having already chosen Add Alt Stream from the long vertical menu, using the save button should save my chosen stream as the alt stream not the main stream.

Thanks for looking at this

There are more than one thing you can do with a stream: Preview, Save, Alt Stream. So there is no default action.
That's a continuation of the way the original TV Guide did it.

It does make sense to have separate main and alternative streams, as the main streams can be overwritten in Settings \ Optional if you subscribe to someone else's channel mapping but the alternative streams are totally personal.

[EDIT] I see what you mean now. You will only get taken to the Stream Setup from Add Alt Stream if you don't have any matches in addons.ini. I expect you get that every time because you like to select the streams one by one.
[EDIT] I see what you mean now. You will only get taken to the Stream Setup from Add Alt Stream if you don't have any matches in addons.ini. I expect you get that every time because you like to select the streams one by one. - CORRECT Smile

Thanks for change/s

I can now set up Main and Alt streams for a channel.

Menu>Stream Setup>Browse>choose addon>Choose Stream (BBC1)>Save, saves main stream and goes back to EPG

Menu>Stream Setup>Browse>choose addon>Choose Stream (BBC1)>Alt Stream, saves alt stream and stays on same screen, should this go back to EPG?

I pressed Alt Stream a few times thinking the key press did not take, I ended up with a main stream of BBC1 and Multiple Alt Streams of BBC2.

Just to test I added another Alt Stream ITV1 and ended up with Main stream BBC1, multiple BBC2 alts and an ITV1 alt, like magic and they all played!!
(2016-12-07, 13:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: [EDIT] I see what you mean now. You will only get taken to the Stream Setup from Add Alt Stream if you don't have any matches in addons.ini. I expect you get that every time because you like to select the streams one by one. - CORRECT Smile

Thanks for change/s

I can now set up Main and Alt streams for a channel.

Menu>Stream Setup>Browse>choose addon>Choose Stream (BBC1)>Save, saves main stream and goes back to EPG

Menu>Stream Setup>Browse>choose addon>Choose Stream (BBC1)>Alt Stream, saves alt stream and stays on same screen, should this go back to EPG?

I pressed Alt Stream a few times thinking the key press did not take, I ended up with a main stream of BBC1 and Multiple Alt Streams of BBC2.

Just to test I added another Alt Stream ITV1 and ended up with Main stream BBC1, multiple BBC2 alts and an ITV1 alt, like magic and they all played!!

I'm glad you've got it working.

The Alt Stream doesn't close in case you want to add a few streams at once.
For example: BBC One, you might also want BBC One London, BBC One Scotland etc and from different addons.

I still think it's easier to add all the streams in a folder with Add Folder and let the channel matching sort them out,
but I always try to allow multiple choice if possible.

I'll see if I can change the logic to only adding the stream once.
@primaeval, Thanks for this beautiful addon. I have been a secret reader of this thread for a while and decided to comment today. having been playing with this addon, I can confirm that I have never seen any powerful kodi Tv guide like this before. I can now set a reminder and also have it autoplay... Fantastic.

Please how hard / easy is it to have a befitting Skin for this addon? IMO, the current skins didnt show its full potential. see below layout example. ability to show the categories in the main page like it is that picture will be nice.
Thanks.

SJ

(2016-12-07, 14:10)samueljones Wrote: @primaeval, Thanks for this beautiful addon. I have been a secret reader of this thread for a while and decided to comment today. having been playing with this addon, I can confirm that I have never seen any powerful kodi Tv guide like this before. I can now set a reminder and also have it autoplay... Fantastic.

Please how hard / easy is it to have a befitting Skin for this addon? IMO, the current skins didnt show its full potential. see below layout example. ability to show the categories in the main page like it is that picture will be nice.
Thanks.

SJ

I'm glad you like it. Thanks.

I'm not really a skinner and I like the minimalistic look but if you want to add something in you can.

There is an option to use your own skin in the addon_data folder.
If you want to share I can either add your skin in or make a separate addon with extra skins.

To make the Category buttons show up over the epg you can just make the background of the context menu transparent or make it invisible. Then only the buttons will show. I've seen it done that way in some other guides.
You can then make them small and add icons.

I can add some changes in the code if you need them to support extra buttons.

Just make sure you don't add any trademark names of companies who like suing people. Wink
Exclamation 
version 0.0.221
- unique alternative streams
- feedback on Alt Stream button
- categories menu in main epg (m, menu) [Thanks Team iVue]

@samueljones For those of you too lazy to open the context menu I've added the categories menu into the main epg. Wink
There have been a few requests for this so here y'all go.

It is in my minimalist style. If you want it to look like the yellow one you'll have to get your crayons out in Photoshop.

You can get to it with the (menu, m) key and close it with m or back.
Right clicking on a category will bring up Add/Remove like in the normal context menu.

@Jeffers24 The Alternative Streams should be unique now. So you can click away on the same stream and it should only add it once. There is a quick info window when you click on Alt Stream.

To delete a Program Image that OMDb/TVDb/IMDb found now use the ACTION_DELETE_ITEM button.
I mapped mine up to DEL with the Keymap Editor addon.

Very nice guide. I modded a skin with the cats. Smile

I maintained a small fork of the FTV guide but don't release it publicly. Your base is amazing so i'm moving over to it. I am going to list a few things i do with the logic behind it that you can incorporate or inquire about if you want. You are a completely capable coder so i'm sure your solutions would be more elegant than mine.

File fetcher :
- have the download progress. If you are unfamiliar with the guide it looks like it freezes on slow devices
- the ability to use a gz file. 20 meg vs 2 meg is a no brainer. I currently use the below, maybe thats the problem?
7z a -mx0 -tgzip %final%guide.xml.gz "%guidezip%guide.xml"
- a selfish request, but the option to also download a zip along with the epg and extract it in the base.

addons.ini:
- separate the add folder and import addons.ini. Have the import save to addons2.ini and append both ini files if found. To append just repeat the first ini append routine with different ini destination.
- option to play from and search ini for all possible channel names (under lists?)

ADDONID:
- another selfish request is to eliminate the addon name. This is for easy forks (still have to change skin paths). I create a func.py with :
ADDONID = 'script.tvguide.fullscreen'
ADDON = xbmcaddon.Addon(ADDONID)
and then in other py files
import func
ADDONID = func.ADDONID
ADDON = xbmcaddon.Addon(ADDONID)
changing all refences of script.tvguide.fullscreen to ADDONID or '+ADDONID+'

Categories:
- read it at a different place in the script. It often isn't initiated until you reopen the guide.
- categories tab visible with the touch\mouse controls.
- add a label displaying the current category. i use the middle line
self.database.setCategory(self.category)
self.setControlLabel(self.C_MAIN_CAT_LABEL, '%s' % self.category)
self.database.initialize(self.onSourceInitialized, self.isSourceInitializationCancelled)

playlist:
- option to also import playlist from set path in settings rather than only via streamsetup

Logos:
- use underscores instead of spaces. Many people (well, me) share the logos with the kodi pvr and they require underscores vs spaces. I use
elif xbmcvfs.exists(logoFile):
#logo = logoFile.replace(' ', '%20') # needed due to fetching from a server!
logo = logoFile.replace(' ', '_') # needed to have logos in pvr client!

elif self.logoSource == XMLTVSource.LOGO_SOURCE_CUSTOM:
logo = logoFile.replace(' ', '_') # needed to have logos in pvr client!

Ignore stream:
- option to not save channel to database for mega pesky unreliable sources.
if IGNORESTRM:
self.database.deleteCustomStreamUrl(program.channel

Add folders:
- ability to remove path from folders.list

I have most of this working if you want to DM me about anything. I see you just added cats to the main screen so you are already making me happy Smile
(2016-12-07, 20:33)myname Wrote: ^^^

Sounds like some good suggestions. Thanks. I'll pm you my dev email. You need 10 posts here before they let you do that.

I recently added some feedback to the file download and it can handle compressed files. The server either has to support compression or just gz the file and download that. Python requests will do the decompression without asking.

I used to have a secondary addons.ini file but it got lost in the chaos at one point.

I've been moving to grabbing the addon id programmatically in my other addons too so I can reuse the code easier.
It doesn't always work when scripts are called by timers or context menu items though.
It still needs a lot of search/replace in the language files though.

I made a separate addons.ini viewer to do channel searching and playback. I think I put it on github somewhere.
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ini.player
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ini.tester
https://github.com/primaeval/plugin.vide...ni.creator

I must have been lucky with servers that can handle spaces in the logo paths.

I didn't expect people to switch categories much. Maybe they do. As this is easily configurable I thought people would just add all their favourites to a Favourites category and leave that selected.

Remove path needs a bit of housekeeping that I haven't got around to yet.

I'll have a look at your mods and try and add them in. Thanks.
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8