• 1(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
script.tvguide.fullscreen

TV Guide Fullscreen

Possibly the most powerful Kodi TV Guide in the world. Wink
*requires an xmltv data source

• Built-in Addon browser. Use any stream from any addon for any channel. (click to select addon)
  • User configurable Categories.
  • Fuzzy channel matching. (eg BBC1 matches BBC One HD etc)
  • Add Addon Folders to ini file with one click.
  • Import m3u|strm playlists for channel mappings
  • Import Kodi PVR channels
  • 1-16 channels per page. Less scrolling. More info.
  • Fullscreen background video while in epg mode.
  • Custom background image and colour
  • Meta4Kodi and Super Favourites program catchup. (use Spoyser's repo for Super Favourites)
  • Experimental SchedulesDirect data source option
  • More Experimental data sources (BBC, yo.tv, tvguide.co.uk)
  • Extended Info integration
  • OMDB/TVDB/IMDB missing program image search
  • Channel Logos can be pulled in from TheLogoDB.com
  • Alternative Stream selection
  • Alternative Streaming Method per channel or folder

Wiki https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...creen/wiki

Useful Posts
Quick Start
Categories Skin
User Skins
Action Editor
RayW1986's blue Skin
kjb85's skin
tycoo's White Snow skin
*NEW* Doctor-Eggs WMC skin
How to add your own skin
Action Bar Customization in CatBar Skin
Invisible Touch Buttons

Warning: TV Guide Fullscreen plays streams from addons. Please don't post about banned addons.
Here are Kodi's piracy policy and Forum rules.

repo: https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.2.zip
from https://github.com/primaeval/repository.primaeval
source: https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen

Acknowledgements: Twinther (TV Guide), RayW1986, Bluezed, metate, midraal, Spoyser (and probably many more).

AMAZING WORK!!!!

So easy to link channels from any addon to use with the EPG.

Cool Cool Cool
Primaeval, Like idea of TV Guide in full-screen with ability to choose specific add-on being utilized to provide channel playback via the full-screen TV GuideCoolCool

Not completely clear from your first post how Beta - TV Guide is an improvement over previous TV Guide with regard to being (.ini free)?

i.e. With Beta I find it difficult to understand how to permanently switch add-on being used for a given guide channel from Filmon to iplayer www add-on for an example

Could you elaborate a little more on how users can make use of an available guide layout, change addon used for given channel(s) and hide guide channels of no interest/availability etc.
(Then saving changes where and into what file(s) etc?)

Would it be possible to automatically make use of local Live DVB-T channels and mix with Live Internet channel streams provided from add-ons within your TV Guide? (Fully integrated simple method?)

For a while I have been trying to mix Internet Live TV Streams with local Live TV channels and am finding it very challenging to set-up and then maintain simply/easily in either TV Guide addon (and it's branched derivatives) or via Kodi Live TV option using multiple PVR's (i.e. PVR Filmon with Tvheadend: Which is apparently not supported ref GIT Sad even though I have this almost working perfectly if it wasn't for occasional LibreELEC Krypton nightly re-boots)

Just some of my usage thoughts, Thanks Cool
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-07-16, 15:01)MikeKL Wrote: Primaeval, Like idea of TV Guide in full-screen with ability to choose specific add-on being utilized to provide channel playback via the full-screen TV GuideCoolCool

Not completely clear from your first post how Beta - TV Guide is an improvement over previous TV Guide with regard to being (.ini free)?

i.e. With Beta I find it difficult to understand how to permanently switch add-on being used for a given guide channel from Filmon to iplayer www add-on for an example

Could you elaborate a little more on how users can make use of an available guide layout, change addon used for given channel(s) and hide guide channels of no interest/availability etc.
(Then saving changes where and into what file(s) etc?)

Would it be possible to automatically make use of local Live DVB-T channels and mix with Live Internet channel streams provided from add-ons within your TV Guide? (Fully integrated simple method?)

For a while I have been trying to mix Internet Live TV Streams with local Live TV channels and am finding it very challenging to set-up and then maintain simply/easily in either TV Guide addon (and it's branched derivatives) or via Kodi Live TV option using multiple PVR's (i.e. PVR Filmon with Tvheadend: Which is apparently not supported ref GIT Sad even though I have this almost working perfectly if it wasn't for occasional LibreELEC Krypton nightly re-boots)

Just some of my usage thoughts, Thanks Cool

The main feature of this addon is that it can browse all the installed video addons and use any addon url as a playable channel. It gets around some of the sneaky addons that try to block the context menu adding links to the favouries menu. Look for the "Browse" menu on the "Choose Stream" dialog.

The second biggest feature is user configurable Categories found on the first context menu. You can create as many Categories as you like and fill them with your favourite channels with the context menu key.

There must be a way to link to the pvr channels from this guide. I don't have a working pvr solution at the moment so I can't test it. Kodi is flexible enought that I am sure this is possible. Is there an addon that provides links to Kodi pvr channels? If so this could be the one stop solution for you.
Ahh I did not realize had to click remove stream, in order to choose a stream (not intuitive) then use browse option in lower section of presented TV Guide GUI rather than the far right top corner of GUI!

Also because I currently choose iplayer www stream quality level every time before playback current TV Guide Full-screen doesn't allow to select stream quality level.
(will set iplayer www to always provide specific quality level and try again, hmm where is my itv addon)

---edit---Actually how do I actually go to installed video add-ons to choose a stream from an add-on? (confused with the find stream options, which don't seem to lead me where i want/need to go)

Sorry don't see categories option in first context menu of TV guide Fullscreen or its settings?

Will play more with beta tomorrow Wink
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-07-16, 23:19)MikeKL Wrote: Ahh I did not realize had to click remove stream, in order to choose a stream (not intuitive) then use browse option in lower section of presented TV Guide GUI rather than the far right top corner of GUI!

Also because I currently choose iplayer www stream quality level every time before playback current TV Guide Full-screen doesn't allow to select stream quality level.
(will set iplayer www to always provide specific quality level and try again, hmm where is my itv addon)

---edit---Actually how do I actually go to installed video add-ons to choose a stream from an add-on? (confused with the find stream options, which don't seem to lead me where i want/need to go)

Sorry don't see categories option in first context menu of TV guide Fullscreen or its settings?

Will play more with beta tomorrow Wink

It looks like it needs a help screen or some more intuitive buttons. At the moment it mainly follows the behaviour of the original TV Guide.

The way I use it from a fresh install is as follows:
set up only an xmltv file in the settings menu, no addons.ini file
open the main program
right click on a program
select Choose Stream or Remove Stream if it already has a channel set up
go to the last tab Browse
select an addon with tv streams
click
select the folder with tv streams
click
press Add Folder
add more tv stream folders the same way
then Cancel to get back to the main window
now when you press on a channel you should get the dialog to select a stream
unless you have only one match, then it will select that stream for you

The channel matching is fuzzy. There is a setting in Appearance that sets the level: exact, containing, everything. Everything changes numbers to words and tries again. Eg BBC1 will match BBC One, BBC One HD, BBC One Scotland etc. You can then pick which you like.

I'll add a seperate button for Choose Stream. You are right it does make more sense that way.

There are no default categories.
Press Add Category to create your own.
Right Click on the category you have created and select the channels for it.
In Jarvis there is no way to re-populate a mulitselect dialog, so if you want to add channels to a category you have to add them all at the same time. In Krypton I'll add an option to re-populate the categories.

I'll think about laying out the dialog with some help text when all the functionality is finished.

Thanks for your feedback. As always it is hard for a developer to see what is unintuitive about their own program.
(2016-07-17, 08:18)primaeval Wrote: select an addon with tv streams
click
click
Within the TV Guides Source settings, I modified settings to ensure use of custom (my) .xml file (rather than any pre-provided option, coming from YYY Guide)

I noted that the last sources option was set to use an addons ini which was set to YYY Guide and could be switched to a Custom .ini

If i try to use custom without setting up any underlying .ini then the addon is continually searching for something when I try to start it, if I switch to YYY Guide then addon appears to work correctly showing my custom xml guide.

Now regarding a channel and selecting an addons stream, with the far right browse option it doesn't matter what i do, I am unable to see any video addons other than yyyyyy.TV (linked to YYY Guide.ini)

Feel I am going around in circles with regard to assertion within header of thread that new beta TV Guide can browse addons and is .ini free?
Do I have to create a custom .ini for the guide to know what addons are installed on my system and can searched?

Hope my testing comments make some sense Blush
@MikeKL - can I draw your attention to the banned add-on (wiki) list, as you may be including some of them in your discussion above (the full FTV is not allowed or supported here as it uses illegal sources). The guide stand-alone is ok, but the full package is not.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-09, 11:14)primaeval Wrote:
  • Built-in Addon browser. Use any stream from any addon for any channel. (click to select addon)
  • Add Addon folders to ini file with one click. (back out of dialog/app to update)
Ref my previous post, Just created a blank addon.ini and added as a custom .ini in TV Guides source settings, again it escapes me how to make use of these options adding the Video addons to my custom .ini? Blush
(2016-07-17, 12:40)DarrenHill Wrote: @MikeKL - can I draw your attention to the banned add-on (wiki) list, as you may be including some of them in your discussion above (the full FTV is not allowed or supported here as it uses illegal sources). The guide stand-alone is ok, but the full package is not.
Point taken and unintended reference(s) altered accordingly.
(2016-07-17, 12:22)MikeKL Wrote:
(2016-07-17, 08:18)primaeval Wrote: select an addon with tv streams
click
click
Within the TV Guides Source settings, I modified settings to ensure use of custom (my) .xml file (rather than any pre-provided option, coming from FTV Guide)

I noted that the last sources option was set to use an addons ini which was set to FTV Guide and could be switched to a Custom .ini

If i try to use custom without setting up any underlying .ini then the addon is continually searching for something when I try to start it, if I switch to FTV Guide then addon appears to work correctly showing my custom xml guide.

Now regarding a channel and selecting an addons stream, with the far right browse option it doesn't matter what i do, I am unable to see any video addons other than FilmOn.TV (linked to FTV Guide.ini)

Feel I am going around in circles with regard to assertion within header of thread that new beta TV Guide can browse addons and is .ini free?
Do I have to create a custom .ini for the guide to know what addons are installed on my system and can searched?

Hope my testing comments make some sense Blush

Things have changed a lot in the addon. All the ftv guide built-in urls are removed now.

Make sure you refresh the repo and get the latest version: 0.0.43 at the moment. The last settings page has an option to delete the database and config files. Try that to clear things out or maybe even delete the folder in addon_data.

If you choose to import an addons.ini file or categories.ini file on the first page of the settings, all your manually added changes will get overwritten on the next data refresh time: start, 12 hours, 24 hours etc. There is a warning in blue.

If you want to import and modify your data then enable import once and load the program. Then turn off enable import and load the program again.

I didn't really want to add an import option but unlocKing requested it. I might try to find a way to not overwrite the manually added data in the future.

Most users should leave import addons.ini and import categories.ini disabled.
OK, was trying addon out on imac where I was using outdated version of your addon, as for some reason I am unable to add your repo to kodi using zip option from either imac or rpi2? (Can select zip to add as a repo and hit OK, but then Kodi fails to load repo)

i.e.
Code:
13:16:06 449.289429 T:1961865216   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://sources/
13:16:06 449.290741 T:1961865216   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://sources/) failed
13:34:38 1561.558594 T:1961865216   ERROR: Failed to read 'zip://%2Fstorage%2Fdownloads%2Frepository.primaeval-0.0.1.zip/repository.primaeval-master/addon.xml'

Anyway downloaded latest master version of add-on from https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen installed addon directly and yes I can now see my installed video add-ons and can select streams from different video addons to be used against a defined channel in the TV Guide Fullscreen Cool
(2016-07-17, 14:40)MikeKL Wrote: OK, was trying addon out on imac where I was using outdated version of your addon, as for some reason I am unable to add your repo to kodi using zip option from either imac or rpi2? (Can select zip to add as a repo and hit OK, but then Kodi fails to load repo)

i.e.
Code:
13:16:06 449.289429 T:1961865216   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://sources/
13:16:06 449.290741 T:1961865216   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://sources/) failed
13:34:38 1561.558594 T:1961865216   ERROR: Failed to read 'zip://%2Fstorage%2Fdownloads%2Frepository.primaeval-0.0.1.zip/repository.primaeval-master/addon.xml'

Anyway downloaded latest master version of add-on from https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvguide.fullscreen installed addon directly and yes I can now see my installed video add-ons and can select streams from different video addons to be used against a defined channel in the TV Guide Fullscreen Cool

That is quite strange about the repo. Did you use the zip file link at the bottom of the readme.md or the zip file of the github master?
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....-0.0.1.zip
or
https://github.com/primaeval/repository....master.zip

The first one should work.

Are you using Kodi 16.1? In 17.0 there is a default option to stop using other repos by default I think.

Github has been having some server issues recently. It is ok for using it as a beta repo but a bit unstable for high volume use.

[EDIT] I edited the first post to make the repo zip clearer.
OK, My mistake with repo zip to select and download Blush selecting the zip link from bottom of your git page, enables me to install your repo from the zip file Cool

Code:
15:31:31  42.554131 T:1961558016  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.primaeval

However once repo installed I am currently getting errors trying to read/update repo

Code:
15:32:13  85.111916 T:1739584416   ERROR: CRepository: failed to read
15:32:16  87.995735 T:1961558016   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://repository.primaeval/
15:32:16  87.996170 T:1961558016   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://repository.primaeval/) failed

FYI, I am using latest Kodi Krypton builds on my rpi2 with new Default Estuary Skin.
(2016-07-17, 16:40)MikeKL Wrote: OK, My mistake with repo zip to select and download Blush selecting the zip link from bottom of your git page, enables me to install your repo fronm the zip file Cool

Code:
15:31:31  42.554131 T:1961558016  NOTICE: ADDONS: Using repository repository.primaeval

However once repo installed I am currently getting errors trying to read/update repo

Code:
15:32:13  85.111916 T:1739584416   ERROR: CRepository: failed to read
15:32:16  87.995735 T:1961558016   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting addons://repository.primaeval/
15:32:16  87.996170 T:1961558016   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(addons://repository.primaeval/) failed

FYI, I am using latest Kodi Krypton builds on my rpi2 with new Default Estuary Skin.

It might be because you have left over files from installing the Github master repo first. Have a look in your addon folder for repo.primaeval-master or something similar and delete it.

I just tried a fresh install on 16.1 and 17.0 and both failed to install the requests module even though it is specified in the addon.xml file. I don't know why. A quick fix is to install my TV Listings (xmltv) addon to get the requests module. I'll see if I can work out why later. I expect it is a dependency of requests but I can't see where.

Another potential bug is that 16.1 didn't find the correct skin on the first run. There used to be a Default skin, now there is just one called cyan. I think I better rename cyan to Default.

Thanks for helping find these bugs. Smile
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8