• 91(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
Apologies in advance if the ramblings below make little sense....in my head i know exactly what i mean.
I have read the majority of this thread and have a couple of questions.
I have a DVB-C connection into my HTPC can i use this addon as a front end for that rather than that default Kodi guide?
I also have a paid IPTV subscription, using this addon would i be able to combine my DVB-C and IPTV channels in to one guide?
looking forward to having a play with it (once the wife and kids stop watching tv)
(2017-01-17, 16:41)delboy666 Wrote: Apologies in advance if the ramblings below make little sense....in my head i know exactly what i mean.
I have read the majority of this thread and have a couple of questions.
I have a DVB-C connection into my HTPC can i use this addon as a front end for that rather than that default Kodi guide?
I also have a paid IPTV subscription, using this addon would i be able to combine my DVB-C and IPTV channels in to one guide?
looking forward to having a play with it (once the wife and kids stop watching tv)

Probably.

You need an xmltv source for the epg data first.
This guide doesn't import any data from the PVR. Just the Channels.
There are a few test sources in Settings \ Lab2 if you can't find an xmltv source.

If the DVB-C connection is set up as a Kodi PVR source you can import the PVR Channels in
Menu \ Stream Setup \ Import PVR

You can import the addon streams with
Menu \ Stream Setup \ Browse \ YOUR ADDON \ FOLDER WITH CHANNELS \ Add Folder

When you play a Channel, if you are lucky, it will give you a choice of the PVR or Addon channel stream.

If the Addon changes the urls of its streams too often you might have problems.
I came across one that changed on every startup yesterday and it was impossible to deal with.
If it changes, but not too often, you can do an Addon Folder refresh in
Settings \ Startup \ Background Update Service \ Update Addon Folders too
Then press Play instead of clicking on a channel to bring up the Choose Channel dialog again.
All my channel mappings have vanished for some reason.
I have tried import channel mappings, but that has not worked.
I have a backup. What file do I need to replace to get my channel mappings back?
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
(2017-01-17, 18:53)gillmacca Wrote: All my channel mappings have vanished for some reason.
I have a backup. What file do I need to replace to get my channel mappings back?

Make a copy of your addon_data folder in case anything else gets corrupted.
addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen

Copy the ini file with the correct mapping to:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls.ini
and import it:
Settings \ Backup \ Import Channel Mappings.

On every guide exit there is a file created called:
userdata\addon_data\script.tvguide.fullscreen\custom_stream_urls_autosave.ini
with the channel mappings in.
(2017-01-17, 18:53)gillmacca Wrote: All my channel mappings have vanished for some reason.

as far as I know it should be custom_stream_urls.ini

Then import it via settings \ backup \ import channel mappings

edit: @primaeval we replied at the same time lol
Thanks for the info.
Tried that, but something still isn't right.
The custom stream urls.ini has the channel mapping info, but the guide is still asking me to select a stream
Tried restarting SPMC, but still no joy
(2017-01-17, 19:14)gillmacca Wrote: Thanks for the info.
The custom stream urls.ini has the channel mapping info, but the guide is still asking me to select a stream

pm me a link to the file. It might have some characters in it that messes things up.
Things like := in the channel name can cause problems as well as unicode characters.
(2017-01-17, 19:29)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-01-17, 19:14)gillmacca Wrote: Thanks for the info.

pm me a link to the file. It might have some characters in it that messes things up.
Things like := in the channel name can cause problems as well as unicode characters.

PM sent. Thanks for looking into this
Exclamation 
Stream Searcher
version 0.0.5
- folder caching
- Settings \ Refresh Folders Period (hours)
- Folders \ context \ Reset Cache

This should make Stream Searcher a lot quicker as you can now cache the folders for a number of hours.
(2017-01-16, 20:48)primaeval Wrote: @coolstud I tried to add it in the main epg but it too tricky to control without a lot of work.
You can experiment with the categories branch in Github if you want.
https://github.com/primaeval/script.tvgu...categories

The mouse and arrow keys control the main epg so you need to move the focus to the categories list if they are both on the screen at the same time.
All the code in gui.py needs to have alternative actions depending on whether the categories list or main epg is focused.

I'm going to stick with the categories list in its own dialog but feel free to experiment.

First of all thank you for your quick reply and I am sorry I don't know how to code the images I uploaded are edited, I just tried from your github categories and that is exactly what I want but along the top of the main epg.

Regarding mouse and arrow controls to focus on categories, if the categories are at the top like the image above is it possible to use the main epg navigation to select categories so you don't have to make a new action it would work along with main epg when pressing up, down, left or right.

What I mean is that for example BBC 1 is the first channel and CHANNEL 5 is the last channel.

If you press UP from BBC 1 it would select CATEGORIES and then if you press UP again it would select CHANNEL 5 from the bottom of the main epg, same with when you press DOWN from CHANNEL 5 it would select CATEGORIES and then if you press DOWN again it would select BBC 1 from the top of the main epg.

Also when CATEGORIES is selected you can navigate LEFT and RIGHT to select each TABS the same way you navigate the epg of each channel for information on upcoming shows.
(2017-01-17, 21:29)coolstud Wrote: ^^^

Most people including me like to be able to get to the end of the channel list by going up.
So to get to the Categories you would have to press another key anyway.
It might as well be the Menu key m.

You can actually map the Menu Action to a gesture.
I think myname mapped an action to drag down or something.

The current category is shown over the program time so you could put it where the current time is if that helps in your skin.
@coolstud Keep an eye on the categories branch on Github.
I'll have a go at experimenting with the permanent category bar.
Right now you can move the focus to the category bar with the action ACTION_SHOW_OSD.
Map it up to something in Keymap Editor. I picked u to test it.
Just tried your new commits from github, I can bring categories up with osd button on my windows laptop, but would like categories to be visible than hidden like the image in my previous post, also I would like to try it on my fire stick to see how it would work with a remote which I will get back to you on. It is also still showing above synopsis from your first commit may need to be removed from there. I am happy to test it but may reply late at times because of work.
Exclamation 
version 0.0.299
- NEW CatBar Skin
- to activate it map up the Show OSD action
- "CATEGORIES_BAR": ["ACTION_SHOW_OSD"]
- Keymap Editor \ Global \ Playback \ Show OSD

NEW skin: CatBar.

* Permanent Categories list.

* It needs the Show OSD action to be mapped up to a button to get to it.

@coolstud I'll have a think about getting to it with the up key later.

Exclamation 
version 0.0.300
- Settings \ Appearance \ Up to Categories Bar
if skin has a Categories bar (use CatBar for now)

Setting to go Up to the Categories bar in the CatBar skin instead of wrapping round to the last channel.
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8