• 108(current)
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)
@primaeval, Stream Setup panel fixed in Leia, does not work with the skin kjb85 even using version 0.17.322?
(2017-03-25, 04:53)Hinkel Wrote: @primaeval, Stream Setup panel fixed in Leia, does not work with the skin kjb85 even using version 0.17.322?

Hi Hinkel,

As was mentioned earlier Kodi have changed the string for this in Leia. You will have to change the script-tvguide-streamsetup.xml.

I can't test this for you as I'm not running Leia and don't plan on it for awhile yet. primaeval should be able to check, otherwise it's easy enough to do yourself, just replace the code in file to what was linked on the last page. Smile
(2017-03-25, 02:30)kjb85 Wrote: Failing that you could relocate all skins to the user data folder and create a script to enable the guide to download the default skin on first launch? Probably starts getting a bit complicated that way though?

It would be easiest for the user to have all the skins in the same directory.
However it is bad form for an addon to write into another addon's folder without asking.
I'll have a look how other addons handle it.
Some other guides bundle all the skins up into an extra addon but I want to make this guide as open as possible so I don't host all the skins. One of my main design goals is to overcome that kind of control freakery. Wink I think I've managed it with the addons.ini Browse method so far.
(2017-03-25, 06:47)kjb85 Wrote:
(2017-03-25, 04:53)Hinkel Wrote: @primaeval, Stream Setup panel fixed in Leia, does not work with the skin kjb85 even using version 0.17.322?

Hi Hinkel,

As was mentioned earlier Kodi have changed the string for this in Leia. You will have to change the script-tvguide-streamsetup.xml.

I can't test this for you as I'm not running Leia and don't plan on it for awhile yet. primaeval should be able to check, otherwise it's easy enough to do yourself, just replace the code in file to what was linked on the last page. Smile

I added the StringCompare to String.IsEqual change to
script.tvguide.fullscreen.skin.kjb85.test 0.17.1
so it should install for you now.
Exclamation 
script.tvguide.fullscreen.skin.kjb85.test 0.0.2 0.17.2
- click to install

When you click on the skin addon in Programs it will ask you if you want to set this skin as the default TV Guide Fullscreen skin.
If you click ok it will set the
Skin Type to Folder
Skin Folder to special://home/addons/script.tvguide.fullscreen.skin.kjb85.test/
Skin to Skin

That should be an easy enough mechanism to install new skins from addons.
You can add screenshots and descriptions to the addon if you want to get fancy.

[EDIT] The skin addon.py file can also set the rest of the TV Guide Fullscreen settings that complement the skin, such as TimeBar colour and whether the program images are stretched or not. Just don't change settings that the user might not want you to mess with.
Hello. Like kjb85 said, the skin still needs a bit of polishing, so I don"t intend to use it as standard skin. I ask you, when I click OK to install on the tv guide, will it be possible to revert without major problems?
(2017-03-25, 18:58)Hinkel Wrote: Hello. Like kjb85 said, the skin still needs a bit of polishing, so I don"t intend to use it as standard skin. I ask you, when I click OK to install on the tv guide, will it be possible to revert without major problems?

If you are installing it through the addon just change those Skin settings to get back to where you were.
Settings \ Appearance \ Skin Type
Settings \ Appearance \ Skin
or
Settings \ Appearance \ Skin Folder
Settings \ Appearance \ User Skin Name

I can't see any problems with the skin so far. It is really good and has the category bar built in.
(2017-03-25, 19:35)primaeval Wrote: If you are installing it through the addon just change those Skin settings to get back to where you were.
Settings \ Appearance \ Skin Type
Settings \ Appearance \ Skin
or
Settings \ Appearance \ Skin Folder
Settings \ Appearance \ User Skin Name

I can't see any problems with the skin so far. It is really good and has the category bar built in.

Thank you
I have a request Smile

Could we have the option to hide the notification bar when the background update is running. My 30mb XML takes a long time to process and it gets in the way.

Or the option to specify a time to perform the update would work too.
Exclamation 
(2017-03-26, 12:42)kjb85 Wrote: I have a request Smile

Could we have the option to hide the notification bar when the background update is running. My 30mb XML takes a long time to process and it gets in the way.

version 0.0.323
- Settings \ Startup \ Service Time (time of day)
- Settings \ Startup \ Update Notification Progress (including normal foreground updating)

Try this.

I've had a lot of problems trying to get time of day timers working properly in the past. Let me know if it works ok.
(2017-03-26, 13:48)primaeval Wrote:

version 0.0.323
- Settings \ Startup \ Update Notification Progress (including normal foreground updating)

Try this.

I've had a lot of problems trying to get time of day timers working properly in the past. Let me know if it works ok.

Thank you!

Edit: Doesn't seem to be working by time.
(2017-03-26, 14:19)kjb85 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 13:48)primaeval Wrote:

version 0.0.323

Try this.

Thank you!

Did you restart Kodi?
(2017-03-27, 18:00)primaeval Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 14:19)kjb85 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 13:48)primaeval Wrote: version 0.0.323

Try this.

Thank you!

Did you restart Kodi?

That sorted it.

Thanks
Exclamation 
script.tvguide.fullscreen.skin.kjb85 0.0.4 0.17.4

KJB Skin for TV Guide Fullscreen

For optimal display please change the following settings:
Background/EPG Timebar Colour=green
Background/EPG Text Highlight Colour=gray
Appearance/Small EPG Preview Window=on
Appearance/Scale Program Image=off
Appearance/Show Channel Logo in EPG above Program Image=on

Had to reinstall tv guide due to an issue my end I couldn't resolve. Everything is working fine now, except for one thing.
I have keymapped some buttons (s for search, r for remind, c for categories). Search and Remind are working fine, but when pressing 'c' the categories are not appearing. The current program is no longer highlighted (which is what normally happens when the categories are shown, but nothing appears at the top of the guide.). If I swap to the catbar skin, the categories are listed there, but not in the default skin. I have the menu line in the actions.py, and menu is assigned to 61507. There have been a couple of updates to the tv guide, so not sure if something has broken there. This was working fine before I reinstalled the tv guide

edit: I have also tried re-assigning the menu button to another button, but the same thing happens
Emby, NVIDIA Shield, QNAP
  • 108(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Guide Fullscreen - possibly the most powerful TV Guide in the world. ;)8