Problem with Big Panel view (v 3.6.71)
I prefer the Big Panel view for movies and I have noticed an issue. If you start Kodi windowed (rather than fullscreen) when you enter the movies section the covers are stretched taller than normal (width appears to stay correct) and the only way to correct it is to switch to fullscreen and then refresh the skin. Then they go to their normal size. The bigger problem for me is that I run this skin on 3 Openelec machines and they all exhibit this behavior and, obviously, there is no windowed mode. It always starts in fullscreen and I don't know how to refresh the skin with a remote so I can't even get them to display correctly at all.

Any idea what is happening here or how to get them to display correctly wihtout refreshing?
It is normal that you see some strange stretching issues, that's because of the aspect ratio which will not fit in windows mode.
At fullscreen on a 16:9 screen it should all be correct.
I can understand that, but why does the odd stretching stick even when switched to fullscreen and why do I even get it in the first place on Openelec which only has fullscreen view?
Any ideas on this?
I can't reproduce your error I'm afraid.

True the weird stretching occurs if you start windowed and than go fullscreen (only a skin reload will fix that) but when started fullscreen it's behaving like it should. I run openelec/libreelec machines myself and I don't see the issue anywhere.

Possible to make a screenshot to illustrate the issue ?
I totally missed your reply until now. Sorry.

I can't seem to reproduce this on my windows machine anymore for some reason. But here are two pics that show the problem. I have edited the the Big Panel view to show it more clearly. All I did was change the height and width for the itemlayout and focuseditemlayout to make the posters larger. The first is how it is displayed on my desktop PC:

Image2016-08-16 (1) by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

This pic (from cell phone) is how it displays on my TV running an openelec box:

ImageIMG_20160816_151300255 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

Notice how the posters are covering the movie count and time in the header? All I did was change the View_57_BigPanel.ml file on my desktop and then copied it over to my openelec box. Why the display difference?
Does this issue also occur with the Original skin file and not your modified one ?
Yes, but it's harder to see since the posters are much smaller. Ultimately, I would like my posters larger as in my example. I have modded numerous skins in the past and this is the first I've experienced something like this.
Did you also notice that there is a "big panel wall" view ? that one uses much larger posters.
If you want I can also make the posters for the normal big panel view some bigger

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Big Panel view (v 3.6.71)0