v16 Turn off laptop screen while using Kodi on HDMI
Hi!
I use Kodi on my laptop running on Kubuntu. My TV is connected through a HDMI CEC adapter.

Here is my problem: when I use Kodi, my laptop screen which is unused, never turn off. I would like that only my TV screen stay on.

For this I see two solutions:
- Solution 1: using the automatic sleep mode of Kubuntu. However, when Kodi is started, my laptop never turns off any screen. Is there a way to configure my laptop so my laptop screen (and only my laptop screen) will turn off, even if Kodi is started?

- Solution 2: manually turn of the screen of my laptop: fn+F6 switch off the laptop screen until I use the touchpad, that's exactly what I want. However I would like to do that through my TV remote. I have looked on Keymap side, there is a function CECToggleState, but it seems that this function is in fact undefined in Kodi 16 (according to Kodi log file). Anyway, I'm not sure that is the right function for my needs. Otherwise, I was thinking, is there a way to use keymap to execute a command line on my linux?

Can you help me for one of these to solution? Or maybe have you a better solution to propose?
Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Turn off laptop screen while using Kodi on HDMI0