v16 VDR EPG display
Wink 
Hello All

I currently have a dedicated HTPC linux box Kodi and a TBS tuner (correct drivers installed) with the VDR back end and VNSI client installed on the same box.

I have live TV up and working brilliantly.

However across all the FreeSat channels showing within the EPG display, the programme name is preceded and followed by a '?' e.g. ?Wimbledon 2016: Mens's Final?

How do I remove the ? from the front and end of programme names

I've searched the forums but I cannot find anything similar to what is been displayed or how to resolve this.

It is a very small thing but is a PTA spoiling what works as a professional set up, works pretty much flawlessly but is a WAF distraction.

Thanks in advance
You have most likely not set set the correct codepage for your country. This is a VDR cmd line parameter.
Thank you, i will google that for a solution Smile
I had a similar problem with german Sky channels. Make sure you have "ISO-8859-15" in your VDR settings.

in LibreELEC the settings.xml of service.multimedia.vdr-addon looks like this:
Code:
cat /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/settings.xml

<settings>
    <setting id="CHARSET_OVERRIDE_STR" value="ISO-8859-15" />
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Hi Solo0815

How do I get the ISO-8859-15 in to the VDR settings?

I have physically put the ISO-8859-15 information in to the .xml file, saved down the file and re-booted the machine but this has not done away with all the ? showing in the epg.

Any thoughts?

Lippy
delete the EPG-database in Kodi settings, so that Kodi has to re-read the EPG from the VDR-Backend.
Philips TV with Kodi 20.2 with IPTV --- Orbsmart 500 Android 21 alpha/beta as Online-radio/TV in the kitchen
Never ever use Kodi's EPG DB cache with vnsi. It has zero advantage, it only tremendously slows down operation. Disable EGP cache and delete VDR's epg file.

If some LE/OE dev steps by: CHARSET_OVERRIDE_STR is deprecated, you should set cmdline option --chartab
https://projects.vdr-developer.org/news/291
Cheers All - followed Solo0815 & FernetMenta comments.

Disabled the KODI EPG DB cache with VNSI and the EPG, deleted the EPG database and Kodi re-read the EPG from the VDR back end, all is now fine. No ? showing in the EPG tv show names now.

Many thanks again.

Lippythelog

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VDR EPG display0