Installing Kodi on LG Smart TV by USB
I have a LG smart TV 2014 and want to install kodi on it, though it already has some app installed leaving less space for installing Kodi. Is it possible to install kodi on 8G USB and run from it on tv?. if possible how to download the kodi on usb?. Any help is highly appreciated. Smile
Unless your TV runs android it can't run kodi. I don't think LG TV's run android
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Nope, LG TVs run WebOS so you're out of luck.
Denon X6500H 7.2.4 -> LG OLED65C9P
Main:
NVIDIA Shield Pro (2019)
Other Devices: Apple TV 4K, FireStick 4K Max (2023), Homatics Box R 4K
Retired devices: Zidoo X9S, Xiaomi Mi Box, All the old RPi’s
strange given that Plex can be installed using the lg webos app store
Why is it strange?

There may be a WebOS version of Plex, but there isn't one of Kodi.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Dam I just bought a firestick to install Kodi on My LG Smart tv Sad
See the other thread - you install Kodi on the fire stick, not on the TV. What you have should work.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-22, 14:59)DarrenHill Wrote: See the other thread - you install Kodi on the fire stick, not on the TV. What you have should work.
Just read it thx Smile
(2016-07-11, 08:33)nickr Wrote: Unless your TV runs android it can't run kodi. I don't think LG TV's run android
Yes LG smart TV is not an android OS which most users think. But it is a WebOS Smart TV which can run android boxes. Apparently there is no direct method for setting up Kodi on LG Smart TV but there are different alternate methods, check some of the following if that could help. 

Alternate Methods: How to Setup link removed
Please do not link to crappy parasite webpages that promote piracy and banned addons (wiki).

Read the piracy policy (wiki) that you accepted on sign up here.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-22, 14:51)tiger04 Wrote: Dam I just bought a firestick to install Kodi on My LG Smart tv Sad
 No worries, AFAIK you should still be able to install and run Kodi through the Fire Stick.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing Kodi on LG Smart TV by USB0