Amazon Fire Tablet 7"
Much to my surprise, there is almost no thread on the amazon Fire tablet 7. It will be on sale for under $35 tomorrow (http://www.cnet.com/news/amazons-latest-...-under-35/).

Would love to hear whether anyone has succeeded t side-load Kodi on it, configured mysql, and overall can comment on the performance?

Thanks in advance1
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
google shows plenty of people side loading it. Although I cant link them as they are all using banned addons.
Thanks. I have seen some of the google links, but trust the Kodi community most. Not seeing any meaningful thread here makes me curious whether this is just not a smart idea to do? Every random device has multiple threads on this forum and there is very little to nothing about a $35 Kodi tablet?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
Generally there's not much for any tablet on here as most people are after TV based hardware.
I stuck it on my son's one running cyanogenmod and it's fine - not tried it (or anything else) on amazon's software though.
MrMC runs fine on it so Kodi/SPMC should also work fine.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
I have not had any issues running kodi on an older Kindle Fire HDX 8.9"(2013) personally. So I don't see why it won't work on the newer devices.
I run it on my 7" Amazon Fire. Had to root it (directions on internet), and now have Kodi, Chrome, and the Play Store as well. Well worth it, and it was easy.
I get a "parse error" there is a problem parsing the package... can someone direct me?
Where to?
to a solution... on how to fix or bypass said issue
(2016-08-11, 19:05)CTDan Wrote: I run it on my 7" Amazon Fire. Had to root it
I loaded up silk (the Amazon browser) and went directly to Kodi.tv and Leia installed perfectly, no root. Threw on Yaste and a few others things, found it takes the pressure off my remote, it;s too bad the microphone doesn't work for me.
You dont need to route to install google play store.

Just google how to.
By the way I found VLC ran smoother on the Fire Tablet.
(2019-06-03, 02:37)Daveydguk Wrote: By the way I found VLC ran smoother on the Fire Tablet.
Nice tip, I heard Plex is not so nice?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire Tablet 7"0