kodi windows 10 intel black quality help
intel celeron 2955u
hdmi
benq w1070
driver version 20.19.15.4331 intel update no newer driver found.
Windows 10
kodi 16.1
standard colour correct = application setting
input range = application setting
image enhancement = application setting
film mode= disabled
noise reduction driver auto partial reduction

I have setup the same movie file on my intel celeron 2955u pc and himedia q5 android player and bluray player

And have noticed the blacks on the himedia q5 and bluray player are almost perfect dark and contrast is colourful with the default setttings cinema mode on projector.

when using those same default settings on projector cinema mode the intel pc blacks are very light and doesnt look how it should when comparing them all.

I have tried to adjust the intel settings to darken video using graphics options profiles darken video but this doesnt help it just all looks darker but blacks dont look much better and loses to much detail.

Also have tried swapping hdmi cables made no difference.

Also tried different media players in windows same thing

Any Suggestions?
This wiki might be an eye opener... Video levels and color space (wiki)
I was going to replae my pc so it sounds like from that article it would be the same even with a different model.
Set up limited full like in guide yuv instead of rgb
Spent hours and still not as good as bluray or himedia gutted. Sad

Tried lots of different settings
To light and blacks crushed

Using same settings and mode on projector for all devices

Wanted so much to use my intel 2995u pc as main player
Try LibreELEC Milhouse builds (*) from an USB stick and see, only thing to check: "Use Limited Color Range" settings with these builds. You can find them in the Linux subforum.

*: Cause he ships a kernel patch + userspace daemon to set proper color range output.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
trying LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse
is this the one you mean?
Yes.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-07-13, 21:20)fritsch Wrote: Yes.

I found this file LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-8.0-Milhouse-20160712213432-#0712-g1cfefd3.tar
but not sure how to copy it to usb to work. do i need this LibreELEC-Generic.x86_64-7.0.2 first installed to usb then that other file updating it somehow.
Yes, that will work.
installed libreelec but can't update with tar tried copying update folder with tar in to usb and does nothing when reboot tried leopold finds latest update but error when restart trying to install but will keep looking for a way.
Copy the tar file to the /storage/.update directory. Reboot.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi windows 10 intel black quality help1