Solved Update data sources (deduplication)
Hi, I'm on vacation, will report later, now just enjoying new offroad :-)
np, hf Big Grin
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Hello, back from the middle of nowhere :-)

I tested latest nightly on my deduplicated setup - and it works, looks that all our nightmares are gone :-)
great, thanks for reporting back Smile
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thank you for excellent work!
Hi,
I'm stuck with my kodi config, that read files on samba shares.
It's hard to find help when we use a "specific" configuration, as storage spaces on windows server.
And to complicate all, i'm using 2016 version (my fault ok ! )

I found that files are readable when i just created them,
As they are older than 3 days (time spécified in data deduplication) they have size, and 0 for disk size.
SO i went to the idea that kodi doesn't like that 0 size disk files.

I disabled the option but i don't know how long it will take to recover file to their original "format" ?
Note that with 2012 serveur, I didn't have problem ...

If you disable Data DeDuplication via the GUI or Powershell, it does not actually undo the work it has done. Worse, if you have disabled, you also cannot run a garbage cleanup command (which cleans up the data created by the deduplication technology).

So, its important that you leave Data Deduplication enabled, but EXCLUDE the entire drive first. Then, run the following two commands (which will take ages to run dependant on the amount of data you have).

The unoptimise command:
start-dedupjob -Volume <VolumeLetter> -Type Unoptimization

Check the status:
get-dedupjob

Clean up the Garbage:
start-dedupjob -Volume <VolumeLetter> -Type GarbageCollection

Check the status:
get-dedupjob

Once you have both of the above done, and it will take a while, you can remove the deduplication role from your server.

Or if like me you don't wanna wait for a specific folder, you can copy it, and delete the older (it creates 'normal' file again). Moving file to another folder doesn't worK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Update data sources (deduplication)0