Error in building kodi
When I do
$ cd $HOME/kodi-android
$ make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc
$ make <--error: can not find makefile
$ make apk
I have succeed to build the dependencies.
Please help me.
Not possible if the make -C above worked...
I keep getting this error after I ran make

make -C i686-linux-native
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native/i686-linux-native'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native/i686-linux-native'
make[2]: *** [i686-linux-native/bin/cmake] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native'
make[1]: *** [cmake-native] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native'
make: *** [native/.installed-i686-linux-native] Error 2
Where does the make -C come from?
make -C cmake-native
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native'
make -C i686-linux-native
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native/i686-linux-native'
make[3]: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native/i686-linux-native'
make[2]: *** [i686-linux-native/bin/cmake] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native/cmake-native'
make[1]: *** [cmake-native] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/native'
make: *** [native/.installed-i686-linux-native] Error 2

I think it is trying to make a directory i686-linux-native in the cmake-native path but not building its makefile because makefile is present in cmake-native. Pls how can i generate it or get past it
That's not the point. Just do make distclean && make, not make -C, but why are you doing it manually rather than plain make in /tools/depends?
i never did it manually immidiately i finished configuring i ran a single thread make
Then something else failed before and you didn't include enough of the build log...
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre/i686-linux-android-android-17':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
make[2]: *** [i686-linux-android-android-17] Error 77
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target/pcre'
make[1]: *** [pcre] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/delaroystudios/build-xbmc/xbmc-android/tools/depends/target'
make: *** [target/.installed-i686-linux-android-android-17] Error 2

I ran into this agian
Please provide a full step-by-step of what you're doing, including logs at each step.
It's very boring to try to guess what you did wrong before the small snippets you provide...
use pastebin.com for logs please
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

[Modedit]
Pasted to http://paste.ubuntu.com/22014606/

These are my logs details
Please use http://paste.ubuntu.com to provide you make log
Have done that
(2016-08-03, 13:13)delaroy Wrote: Have done that

Last try: You posted the config.log only. Where is the make output?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error in building kodi0