Bug 3.7.21 Kodi Alpha 2, Crash on instal.
Greetings and salutations;
I am having a problem with the initial installation and set up. Note that this occured on my fire tv with older versions of Titan in addition to my current windows 10 with older to current versions of Titan. After installing the skin is set up with 2 rows... To begin it takes you out to the home screen and it is frozen with the widgets for music on the screen (title bars only; records and songs). After using the task manager to close Kodi and restarting the tiles (Titan tiles 2 rows) do not function and the drop down menus do not work. The power menu does function and it allows me to go to settings and change the look to the vertical setup that is my preference.

With previous versions I was able to set it up from there and with the exception of numerous crashes while customising the skin (I use addons for my menu items, and widgets for my sub-menus along with extended info script options such as "in cinemas" and custom colors). Now using Krypton nightlies (up to 06.13.2016 and now with alpha 1 and 2) I have issues with addons not working. For example when I open the Southpark addon it opens up fine. When I select an episode I get a message that I might have a bad internet connection. In the log it says:
  • Error; window translater: can't find music library.
  • Can't find window mute bug.
  • The previous 2 items repeat numerous times.
  • Also; Warning: skin has invalid include.

I believe that the initial crash at start up, along with the music widgets and the log entries when I try to use South park (and some other add ons). are related. Possibly Skin Shortcuts?
I hope that his info is helpful. As always my gratitude for the hard work and help that you provide.
Thank you .
It seems to me that your issues are probably addon related.
Please backup your Kodu userdata directory and start with a complete fresh install with only the skin.

Inspect if it's working fine on that virgin set-up and start adding your own addons, libraries and settings untill you hit the point that the crashing occurs again.

Also please note that Krypton is still in it's alpha stage meaning it's not production ready, only install it for testing purposes and helping out with bug tracking.
In your living room setup a stable Kodi build.
Hello and thank you for your response.
Windows 10, Nightly build Krypton 20160714 and Titan 3.7.22
I appreciate your taking the time to respond; the amount of questions and the time involved in the questions alone must be overwhelming. This is occurring using a fresh install of everything. All files and folders erased using Uninstaller software, along with Ccleaner and disk clean up just to play it safe (that and I am disabled and have too much time on my hands to play with Kodi). This happens immediately after a clean install and switch to Titan. I must say that i'm impressed once i get beyond that bump at the beginning how fast Titan is responding.

That leaves the issue of the addons that are not working. I thought that my replacing of the original home menu with add ons that I like might be the cause of my issues. So this last install I I deleted all settings (one at a time) in the home menu items and then deleted each menu item. I still have the same problems. I do not use the library's yet; loading all of my discs Vs. replacing with new through Amazon and skipping the work to load them one at a time. The last thing; thank you for the change in the color palette's (I spend more time setting Kodi up than I do watching anything) they load much faster now.
Thank you for all...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3.7.21 Kodi Alpha 2, Crash on instal.0