• 1(current)
Python MSN messenger
Lightbulb 
anyone wanna take this up?

see:
http://msnp.sourceforge.net/
(mvoosten @ april 16 2004,12:28 Wrote:anyone wanna take this up?

see:
http://msnp.sourceforge.net/
guess how slow it would be to reply to a message using the virtual keyboard...
would look cool but alx5692 is right, but you never know someone might want to do it,

@alx5692
is it possible to port scripts like this onto the xbox easily ? just wanted to know as your the expert!
do usb keyboards work in xbmc?
(mpauley73 @ april 16 2004,21:43 Wrote:do usb keyboards work in xbmc?
nope
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
Sad 
it works, i'm using one.
windragz
it difficult to break 2048 bit as try to find a sock at morning, it's just matter of time.
really?! sorry, but just before i go out and buy a usb keyboard, are you saying they definitely work with xmbc?

(if you're wondering why, it's cos i realised you could write a python script that executed input (using the 'exec' command and local namespace) and - hey presto - you'd have a test python interpreter on xbmc to try out code! )
hi.

my usb-keyboard dont work in xbmc 16-05-2004 cvs, but works in avalaunch, evox and other prog. so its no support in the xbmc what i can see (maybee it will be in the future)

so "windragz" what cvs are you using if you can get it to work??
it's a modified version of apr 28 cvs. there is an example in xdk how to add kb support to your code. i just followed that example. i just use that code (copy and paste).

the keyboard is supported by the xbox kernel as any other device, such gamepad or remote. Image
windragz
it difficult to break 2048 bit as try to find a sock at morning, it's just matter of time.
coo this does look interesting... not that i use msn, but it sounds useful and a definate boastworthy feature for xbmc.
if only we had a control for nokia style predictive text,typing a msg by remote would be as quick as a sms.

@windragz
have you posted your patch to the devs forum? sounds like it would be easy to add. i'd buy a keyboard if xbmc supported it
mind providing a patch for this on sf so it could be implemented?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

heres a python msn library and sample client that could be used for xbmc to add msn messenger, i don't have the know how but mybe one of yous could add it to xbmc :bowdown:

http://users.auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/msnlib/

tia Smile
i crossposted to both future dev and python dev because it belongs in both, thread was already started in future, but it's a lib

:nuts:
hey !
i'm very interested !
so please, coders, come and help us !

i already tryed this lib but i'm not very good at python.
this could be very nice!
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python MSN messenger0