• 4(current)
Python MSN messenger
i agree on the sip part, i mean it is still possible to add streaming video chat to a messenger program. though the memory usage would probably cripple performance. also to the person who wanted to capture video, 20 seconds of mid quality video uses 2.6 of hard drive could you image how often you'd be crashing your xbox from low drive space? it's risky because it'll be an open source allowing incoming and outgoing connection on a full time basis while engaged in video chat. usually most programs stream content but the connection is already down while you watch until you select your next stream or the programs next action.
the idea would be to encode the video. only a schmuck captures video and stores it in its native format... cards these days even do the encoding for you, right?
trejkaz Wrote:i've always argued that file transfer doesn't even belong in instant messaging, because we already have http, ftp, scp, bittorrent and a dozen other protocols which work just as well already
just imagine : a jabber bot that answer your request for updating scripts ... lol

i think you can forget video as for now...
:bump:
help needed....

i am bored to script for now... if greatest python's guru want to give a help, they are welcome...
(solexalex @ july 01 2005,12:49 Wrote:help needed....

i am bored to script for now... if greatest python's guru want to give a help, they are welcome...
i'm interested in coding this kind of applicacion for xbmc. i'm not a python guru, in fact this is the first time i use it.

i've been taking a look to jabber.py (http://jabberpy.sourceforge.net), wich is a python library to access jabber servers. now i have a little program that shows any incoming message as a pop-up. no gui yet, i think that this will be the hardest part.

did you say you got problems with threading in xbmc? i had some of them too. we may work together in this project. i'm spaniard so, if you can explain your trouble better in spanish we can get over it Smile

the main trouble in this kind of project is being able to integrate gracefuly with xbmc. like having onscreen notifications like xlink kai, a fast way to access the application, etc..

---
regards,
dshaman
hi
my english is not very good ... my spanish does not exist at all ! lol

it could be hard to succeed but why not. please contact me (pm) i'll send you my email. see ya
ive been working on the two msn libs, one says ur signed in but doesnt show to any1 else u r, the other works great but on xbmc gets a model doesnt contain socket_error
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
msn libs are crappy

the work i started use xmpp library which is a universal im protocol. my tests were working, i mean i can send receive message (on pc not xbox yet, not perfectly in fact...) to/from msn or other im. supported im are only depending on which server you connect.

it seems that many people are working every where but nobody share....
i repeat, if you feel able to and if you have time to spend, i can share my work and source.
in fact, i think i could have released something many month ago if my english was not this wall in front of me... grrrr
ok i edited the msnlib.py libray and now its ok with xbmc, started a gui now, i can log on and send a message to myself (directly from the python script)
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
congratulation
if you need help... here i am !
intergration is going great still having a problem with the online user list, but has the same problem on a pc python script. got to try and find the problem.
nm i found the problem and its fixed :thumbsup:
this sounds extremely promising indeed!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Python MSN messenger0