IOS can't connect - "bad URL"
I have Kodi version 15.2 (Git:02e7013) installed on a small server. I can connect to it fine via my Android tablet and Kore 2.0.0. Now I've installed "Official Kodi Remote for iOS v1.5.5" on my wife's iPAD (version 7.0.6 (11b865)). It can find the server (fills in IP address, ports, etc.), but any time I try to connect it reports "Bad URL".

We would expect that the server is configured correctly, since the Android remote works, and I've verified that the three critical settings are all correct per guisettings.xml (esallinterfaces, webserver, and zeroconf are all set to "true "). I've run a packet sniffer on the server, and the iPAD never tries to connect at all. This tells me the problem is within the iPAD itself (no connection attempt), and also that this isn't a password issue since that wouldn't show up until after a connection has been established.

If someone knows the solution, I'd love to hear it. Otherwise, how can I diagnose the problem on the iPAD? Are there logs there I can look at?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.
thread moved to correct forum
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@bpmartin20, can you try to set a simple username and password on kodi? I've solved some issues with username or password that contains foreign characters or umlaut with the upcoming version 1.5.6, in the meanwhile if you can confirm that with simple username and password you can connect to kodi would be cool
Thanks joethefox. Based on your response I replaced the embedded blank in the password with %20, and it connected just fine. Thanks for the good work.

Thanks also to Memphiz for getting my post into the right queue.
(2016-07-14, 16:19)bpmartin20 Wrote: Thanks joethefox. Based on your response I replaced the embedded blank in the password with %20, and it connected just fine. Thanks for the good work.

Thanks also to Memphiz for getting my post into the right queue.

I don't know how, but this has fixed my issue with the remote. I had a invalid token error and reported it here and here but no one answered.

Weirdly putting %20 in my password field on my iphone unblocked all my other remote apps.

Very odd but not complaining.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IOS can't connect - "bad URL"0