Most scripts do not work (properly)...please help!
I'm running XBMC through eVOX and I'm not able to run a lot of the scripts.

How I installed:

I did a CLEAN install of XBMC-SVN_2007-08-26_rev10100-T3CH, meaning the full contents of the unrarred XBMC was installed in the Mediaplayer subdirectory.
I took the latest scripts (eg YouTube, Consumption Junction, MyTV, etc from the xbmcscript.com site and installed them in the scripts directory)

Which scripts DO work?

No problem to run scripts like XBMC Lyrics, Apple Movie Trailers and T3CH Dowloader

Which scripts do NOT work?

All other.

I am able to startup all other scripts (eg YouTube, XBMCscript, uitzendinggemist), meaning that it WILL display the contents (e.g. in YouTube the most viewed clips) But as soon as I want to select a movie (in case of YouTube or Consumption Junction) or script to install (XBMCscript), nothing happens....no movie will start, no script will start to download.

Apart from the scripts, everything else seems to work fine. Eg, the various radio programs (Shoutcast, Dutch Radio streams).
So my internet connection appears to be fine.
I tried both fixed as automatic IP addresses.

So what could be wrong if you do a clean install, so everything is set to default.....and it still does not work?

Any relation with the fact that I'm using (and want to keep using) the eVOX (settings)...which BTW is an older version of Evox.

FYI I'm using eVOX dashboard, which has additionally installed Avalaunch, Complex Tools, DVD2XBOX, and DVD Player
First of all remember that most scripts rely on websites layout, if a website changes its layout then parts of a script or sometime the whole script stops working, which means that a scripter will have to go in and edit the script manually to conpensate for the changes on the website. YouTube is a such example of a script that do not work (it needs to be updated by someone first), that is a known fact, try the YouTube2 script instead.

Note! Using EvoX as your dashboard might actually be causing problems as well:
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...in_XBMC.3F
highly recomend you use XBMC as your dashboard instead:
http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph..._Dashboard
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Most scripts do not work (properly)...please help!0