Dual video support
Photo 
I know this has come up in the past, but I think it would be great to have dual video out so that you can navigate the menus on one screen (small touchscreen display) while having video playing on another full screen display.

I can do this on Windows and Mac OS X. It can probably be done on Ubuntu as well. Stick Kodi in one window, then open up the web UI in a browser in another. It's a great way to use a cheap Windows tablet that has HDMI out.
Thank you, I can see how that might work. I have also played with different Kodi remote applications on android as well.

I was hoping it could become a feature withing the application/os. I have a Raspberry Pi 3 that has HDMI and A/V via AUX out as well as on board display port for touch screen. It would be nice to have the option.

Example:
Navigation Display - Screen 1 or 2
Video Playback - Screen 1 or 2
Of course the other option is to use one of the great remote apps like Kore or Yatse with an iOS or Android device.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
And that is still not a bad isea. I am just trying to eliminate the need for an additional piece of hardware.the hardware on the Raspberry Pi 3 can already support dual video out.
Raspberry Pi 3 can only do video out of HDMI or out of composite, but not both at the same time. What you can do is have an SPI, DPI, or the display connector + HDMI at the same time, with the right set up. I don't know if there are any Kodi options that currently support that, though.
An other option beside using the remote apps would be to have kodi on your tablet and usung the "play on" functionality.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dual video support1