Linux Ubuntu - Nvidia drivers
There's quite a comprehensive VAAPI guide, but I can't find anything for VDPAU / nvidia drivers. Is that because it's as simple as adding a PPA and installing the package?

Quote:https://launchpad.net/~graphics-drivers/...ubuntu/ppa
apt-get install nvidia-361
^^^ 361 is current latest version ^^^

Thanks
It is mainly because NVIdia drivers have become rather crappy and NVidia too arrogant to fix their bugs. 361 is buggy, 340 is last known working.
Oh dear... and I thought nvidia was the way to go for linux Sad

Yeah sorry, I see latest is 367. 361 from above ppa works for me (so far), should I rather downgrade to 340?
(2016-07-15, 14:20)abudabi Wrote: Oh dear... and I thought nvidia was the way to go for linux Sad

In the meantime integrated GPUs from Intel and AMD are powerful enough for video playback. No need for discrete GPUs that draw lot of power.

(2016-07-15, 14:20)abudabi Wrote: Yeah sorry, I see latest is 367. 361 from above ppa works for me (so far), should I rather downgrade to 340?

drivers > 340 have issues with state of vdpau surfaces. right after start of playback or after seek you should see lots of block artefacts.

If you search the forum, you should find some examples of xorg.conf that make proper 23.976 refresh rate work. Those guys at NVidia must be completely retarded because they still think users prefer 23.971 instead of 23.976.

If you are going to try Kodi v17, make sure to set __GL_YIELD=USLEEP before starting Kodi or one CPU core will hit 100% load.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ubuntu - Nvidia drivers0