Android MKV plugin for Android?
I recently purchased a NextD Android Media player.

It has Kodi 16.1 installed from the Google Play store, but it will not play the MKV files.

I have contacted the manufacturer, but they said it is a limitation with Kodi and not with their player.

Is there any way I could add a plugin to the Android version of Kodi to enable MKV support?

If this were Windows, I would install a codec. Smile
There is no limitation with kodi playing MKV. All my files are MKV and i have no issues playing the files, either locally or NFS

What problem are you having? Is there an error that pops up? A proper debug_log (wiki) would help shed some light on this issue

Cheers!
There is no error that pops up.

The audio plays, but the Kodi interface remains in the file browser that shows the thumbnails of the various files. It is like the video disengages ....or something.

I know how to access a debug log on a PC. I'm not sure how to access folders on the device.
mkv is a container, so no codec will help you. It's more likely that you have an odd video stream that ffmpeg can't decode for whatever reason.

Instructions for Android debugging are on the wiki link that wyild1 provided - something like ES File Explorer will get you around the folders. You could also upload a sample file somewhere if necessary.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MKV plugin for Android?0