<dir> in addon.xml broken
FYI, The latest krypton nightlies seem to have broken <dir></dir> in repository addon.xml. I have addons that are dependent on modules in a <dir> element and until the last couple of nightlies they installed fine, now they will not install at all. The info in the log is minimal just:
Code:
00:33:24 T:140345490159744   ERROR: ADDON: no available versions of plugin.video.foo

Is <dir> being removed for Krypton or is this just a bug?
i'm not knowledgeable in this area, but this seems related:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/10059
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks, that does seem like the origin of the problem. I guess I'll watch that PR and see the outcome. For what it's worth, the multiple versions in the repo doesn't solve the use case that I'm using the <dir> elements for.
this is what happens when ignorance and arrogance are being allowed to run rampant on the repo code.
(2016-07-17, 11:54)ironic_monkey Wrote: this is what happens when ignorance and arrogance are being allowed to run rampant on the repo code.
And if the repo code was done properly from the beginning and not as a hacked on works-80%-of-the-time feature, it wouldn't have to be fixed in the first placeWink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
<dir> in addon.xml broken0