Music volume control
How can I control the volume when playing music? There is a volume control for video files, but it's missing when playing music, using either analog or digital audio out.

Thanks.
Volume up button on your remote.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Try this: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...een_volume

Edit: also, maybe use a skin that defaults to fullscreen playback for music.
Thanks for your replies. Gee, Nick...why didn't I think of that?

I'm looking for a mouse solution if there is one. I'm trying to set up a Raspberry Pi. 3 media center for a hospitalized stroke victim who has enough mobility to handle a mouse but not a remote. Bought the Pi after seeing some KODI menu screenshots with its simple layout and a setup screen that allows enabling mouse support. But it's mouse support for video only?

Thanks.
Here's an option that gives volume control the the scroll wheel: http://kodi.wiki/view/Alternative_keymap...me_and_OSD

If you need something that can be clicked on, the ReTouched skin is touch/mouse friendly and has an always-on volume bar.
Also perhaps a android based remote like kore? Just has to touch a screen.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks, Ned. I guess I didn't explore the first link you sent deeply enough. I thought all the remappings were for remote controls. I'll try both those alternatives.
Ned, thanks again. The skin doesn't look promising, but the key mapping works well. I won't trouble you with the noobie travails of trying to get it to work, but it finally does.

I still have a lot of other mysteries to solve, but I'll post them separately. I appreciate your help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music volume control0