Win Kodi will not run
Hi all. I just had a look through the forum to see if I could find an answer to my problem but couldn`t find anything so, I thought I would ask here.

I downloaded and installed version 16.1 "Jarvis" however, it will not run. When I attempt to run the program I get an error message saying "Kodi has stopped working windows will close the program and attempt to find a solution." I`ve tried re-booting the computer, I also un-installed and then re-installed the software, I even deleted the download and downloaded it again and re-installed it a third time but nothing has worked.

I`ve got a laptop with Windows 7, 64 bit. If somebody could please suggest something that I could do to resolve this issue, it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Adrian
Hey Musketeer - I'm starting to see that this a common problem (but it hasn't really been addressed or solved yet). It's best to post a debug log file if you're going to get any help. Follow the instruction under section 3.

Here is a list of things I tried to find the source of the problem:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280555

I would suggest you try to boot into safe mode and see if Kodi runs any better.
If it works without crashing it will indicate that there is a graphics driver issue.
It's most likely having graphic issues, those laptops are usually set-up for spread sheets and wordpros not not much more. Getting down to the heart of the problem would reuire a proper debug log posted to a public pastebin and linked back to this thread. Log file/Advanced (wiki) 1.2 Turn on debugging using a file (advancedsettings.xml) Supported hardware (wiki)

Suggestion try: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/win32/ko...engard.exe after deleting your existing build in both

C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi

and

C:\Users\Musketeer58\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Good luck.
try uninstalling any videogame controller drivers or even bluetooth usbs you have connected. Those have caused me problems a few times in regards to the type of crash you're experiencing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi will not run0