v16 "Back" Button quitting out of TV Guide
Hi there,

I have a Wetek Play and a Raspberry Pi2 both running LibreELEC 7.0.2 / Kodi 16.1

I am using the default skin, Confluence I believe it is called.

Now whenever I am viewing the Guide under the Live TV section, if I want to pop out the Options menu from the left hand side of the screen (for example, to switch between the various Channel Groups that I have) I have to use the left arrow key on my remote which then scrolls all the way back through the EPG (sometimes potentially days worth of old TV Guide data depending on my last reboot) until it eventually pops out the Options menu and then I am able to move down to the Group and select which one I want.

Prior to running LibreELEC 7.0.2 I was running OpenELEC 6.0.3 which I believe was built around Kodi 15.2
With Kodi 15.x when I was viewing the Guide under the Live TV section I was able to press the "Back" Button once on my remote which would pop out the Options menu. However, now with Kodi 16.1 pressing the "Back" button, even just once, completely quits out of the TV Guide straight away, leaving me with the only way to access the Options menu as the way I first described above.

For me this seems much less user friendly and I was wondering if there is any way to set the behaviour back to how it was under Kodi 15.x?

Just in case you need to know, the "remote" that I am using for both devices is the Official Kodi Remote by joethefox from the iTunes App Store
Tried holding the button?
Just tried that now.

No joy unfortunately Sad
You can change how much of the past EPG is displayed by setting:
Code:
<epg>
  <lingertime>[time in minutes]</lingertime>
</epg>
in your advancedsettings.xml. This tells Kodi to only display the defined amount of time older than the current time ("now") in the EPG. I have mine set to "30", so the EPG will only show 30 minutes of programming before the "now" time.

Now, if you are far ahead in the EPG grid, you can bring up the context menu ("C" by default), select "Go to now" or "Go to beginning", and then press "Left" until the sideblade opens. (Similarly, you can always select "Go to beginning" from the context menu to go to the earliest time in the EPG, and press "Left" from there.)

(There are also some skins that modify the EPG behavior. In Titan, there is a setting that pressing "Back"/"Exit" in the EPG view will bring up the sideblade menu before exitting out of the EPG screen; a second press of "Back"/"Exit" is then required to fully exit from the EPG.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Back" Button quitting out of TV Guide0