Beginner-friendly Kodi setup guide
Hi everyone. I wanted to create a setup guide that was different than the normal crap on YouTube and the other Kodi blogs. You know, the ones that just say how to install whatever "flavour of the week" add-on.

So, in the spirit of Ned's wiki pages, this is about 9000 words, screenshots and beginner-friendly language. Let me know what you think.

Kodi Setup Guide

PS. If you like it, could a mod maybe slide it over to the Tips and Guides section?
(2016-07-18, 03:05)Tim-APCR Wrote: Hi everyone. I wanted to create a setup guide that was different than the normal crap on YouTube and the other Kodi blogs. You know, the ones that just say how to install whatever "flavour of the week" add-on.

So, in the spirit of Ned's wiki pages, this is about 9000 words, screenshots and beginner-friendly language. Let me know what you think.

Kodi Setup Guide

PS. If you like it, could a mod maybe slide it over to the Tips and Guides section?
Looks comprehensive, although i'd prefer you delete or respond negatively to comments asking for help on banned /piracy stuff.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Pretty nice guide actually.
(2016-07-18, 13:17)zag Wrote: Pretty nice guide actually.

Thanks!

Nickr: I deleted one of the more obvious piracy comments. I don't deal with them at all on my site, but I still get the questions, unfortunately.
Really nice this. I will forward this website to a few friends of mine who are real noobs in this area. If they understand this, you did a really good job Wink
(2016-07-18, 14:41)Miss_80 Wrote: Really nice this. I will forward this website to a few friends of mine who are real noobs in this area. If they understand this, you did a really good job Wink

Haha. Rofl If they didn't, let me know. They're my target audience.
Found a mistake...

How to name TV Shows

If you’d prefer to have one folder for all of your media files, you would include the same information in the same order, but you would change the filename, rather than the folder name.

\Movies\Avatar (2009).mkv
\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995).avi

Should be...

\TV Shows\House (2004)\Season 1\House.S01E01 - Everybody Lies.mkv
\TV Shows\12 Monkeys\Season 1\S01E01 Splinter.avi

Or follow the Wiki guide on how to name your episodes (http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows)
For the network sharing part (SMB in Windows 7), you could link to the excellent post by Nate

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=63123
(2016-07-18, 22:52)Powerhouse Wrote: Found a mistake...

How to name TV Shows

If you’d prefer to have one folder for all of your media files, you would include the same information in the same order, but you would change the filename, rather than the folder name.

\Movies\Avatar (2009).mkv
\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995).avi

Should be...

\TV Shows\House (2004)\Season 1\House.S01E01 - Everybody Lies.mkv
\TV Shows\12 Monkeys\Season 1\S01E01 Splinter.avi

Or follow the Wiki guide on how to name your episodes (http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files/TV_shows)

Nice catch. Thanks!

For me, this is the best part about hits process - getting everybody's feedback to make it better. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Beginner-friendly Kodi setup guide0