Load subtitles based on language
Hi guys,

I've decided lately to drop MPC-HC, LAV and madVR and keep only pure Kodi as my main HTPC front-end for simplicity purposes. However I've stumbled into some issues for which I cannot seem to find easy solutions.
Just to explain myself:
- I have only 2 types of files coming from ripping my own collection of Cartoon DVDs and Movies Blu-Rays
- format for both: mkv
- for blu-ray rips I have 3 English audio tracks embedded (original lossless DTS-HD MA set as Default, DD AC3 and AAC converted from the original) so that I can play the audio also on TVs, Blu-Ray Player UPNP/DLNA clients, etc., 1 embedded PGS subtitle set as Default (from the original disk) and 1 external .SRT subtitle downloaded from internet
- for the DVDs rips I have 2 audio tracks: one in Romanian set as Default and one in English (to keep the original) and 1 embedded VOB/SUB subtitle which is NOT set as default
What I would like to achieve:
- when playing back blu-ray rips: Audio to switch to default DTS-HD MA track, subtitle to switch to default PGS embedded Romanian subtitle
Issue: Audio seems to load the default track, for subtitles the external one is loaded and not the embedded one which is marked as default.
Q: Where can I set Kodi to prefer default embedded subtitles over external ones?
- when playing back DVD rips: Audio to switch to Romanian track, NO subtitles to be loaded
Issue: Again audio seems to load correctly but Kodi is also loading subtitles.
Q: how can I block loading of subtitles when audio is in a certain language:

In LAV splitter there is a very handy selection for subtitles based on audio stream, eg.: rum:off; eng:rum.

Thanks a lot for any support on these matters.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Load subtitles based on language0