I'm a total noob
Im a totalot noob when it comes to kodi. I was hoping someone would give me a rundown on what kodi box to buy and the basics on how to get the most out of my kodi. Is it possible to view any sports game I want? Ie. NBA and NFL
(2016-07-18, 17:00)brandonblue21 Wrote: Im a totalot noob when it comes to kodi. I was hoping someone would give me a rundown on what kodi box to buy and the basics on how to get the most out of my kodi. Is it possible to view any sports game I want? Ie. NBA and NFL

That is not what Kodi (or this forum) is about. Please read the following AND the forum rules you were presented with when you signed up:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Free_content
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
You can watch NBA sports with kodi IF you have a enquired NBA league pass. There is an addon build for that purpose which we use
Goodluck Brandon
(2016-07-18, 17:41)Dangelus Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 17:00)brandonblue21 Wrote: Im a totalot noob when it comes to kodi. I was hoping someone would give me a rundown on what kodi box to buy and the basics on how to get the most out of my kodi. Is it possible to view any sports game I want? Ie. NBA and NFL

That is not what Kodi (or this forum) is about.

I tend to disagree with this statement.

I know there are plenty of users out there that just want free pirated content, and I do get sick of seeing their posts, but the OP asked about 'the basics on how to get the most out of my kodi', which is a fairly general question, and I think there are plenty of threads about that right here in this forum. In fact, there is a subforum dedicated to Tips, tricks, and step by step guides, which is definitely worthwhile, and a number of threads about which Hardware to buy.

While Kodi does not provide any content, and it may not be possible to watch any and all sporting events, there are several legitimate add-ons (NHL TV, NHL Gamecenter Live, MLB.TV, NBA International League Pass, ESPN3) that will allow users to watch plenty of live sports, provided the user has a paid subscription or qualifying credentials. Most of the add-ons I've listed are in the official repository!

(2016-07-18, 17:41)Dangelus Wrote: Please read the following AND the forum rules you were presented with when you signed up:

This is good advice though, and the OP should also read about Banned_add-ons (wiki).
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 20.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
Thread moved to video add-ons
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-07-31, 04:47)MetalChris Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 17:41)Dangelus Wrote:

That is not what Kodi (or this forum) is about.

I tend to disagree with this statement.

I know there are plenty of users out there that just want free pirated content, and I do get sick of seeing their posts, but the OP asked about 'the basics on how to get the most out of my kodi', which is a fairly general question, and I think there are plenty of threads about that right here in this forum. In fact, there is a subforum dedicated to Tips, tricks, and step by step guides, which is definitely worthwhile, and a number of threads about which Hardware to buy.

While Kodi does not provide any content, and it may not be possible to watch any and all sporting events, there are several legitimate add-ons (NHL TV, NHL Gamecenter Live, MLB.TV, NBA International League Pass, ESPN3) that will allow users to watch plenty of live sports, provided the user has a paid subscription or qualifying credentials. Most of the add-ons I've listed are in the official repository!

(2016-07-18, 17:41)Dangelus Wrote: Please read the following AND the forum rules you were presented with when you signed up:

This is good advice though, and the OP should also read about Banned_add-ons (wiki).

The OP asked if with Kodi "it is possible to watch any game I want" which to me strongly suggested they are interested in free pirated content and not in using Kodi you watch any legitimate sports subscriptions they may have. Their lack of engagement in the thread also suggests this is the case and they got the message.

As mods we like to give a heads up to people early on to save their own and everybody else's precious time. Sometimes this involves making a judgement call like this. Of course if the OP had come back with a response that indicated a legitimate use then the support would follow.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I'm a total noob0