Win Minimize kodi from full screen without using keyboard?
Question from a complete newbie:

Is there a way - from one of kodi's full screen views - to minimize the application without using the keyboard? In other words, using a remote or the mouse?

I ask because I am a recent convert from WMC, where I did this all the time. I realize that I can minimize from windowed mode, but I do not want to look at the Windows task bar or the kodi title bar when watching video.

I did read quite a few older posts in the forum on the subject, but I did not quite follow all of it. My apologies if there was a clear answer in there, which I missed.

1. Version of Kodi. Note - "Latest" is NOT a version of ANYTHING! (See below)

2. Windows Version + Service Pack version (Vista SP1 / Windows 8.1 update 1 / etc.)
32 bit Windows 10 with all updates

3. CPU/Architecture (make/model and eg. 32 or 64 bit.)
Intel i3 2125

4. RAM amount (2 GB, 512MB etc.)
4GB

5. Detailed Instructions to reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
Select a full screen mode. Try to minimize without keyboard. How is that done?

6. Details of all devices relevant to the problem
None

7. FULL Debug Log (see Section 3 below.)
No log. There is no failure.
Kodi in full screen generates it's own screen without gadgets, so minimize to what? Windows task bar, would assume you have desktop up as the screen, and then kodi would be a window. What you need is to run in full size window mode, and run some gadget windows software to eliminate the task bar and window boarders. (don't ask me where you'll find it, but I have seen it) Alternatively you might consider some script that quickly reverts to window mode and then minimizes, executed the batch with one of your remote keys.
(2016-07-19, 03:54)PatK Wrote: so minimize to what?
I think I understand the OP's question. When you have kodi in full screen, to get it to a smaller window (and use the programs underneath), you need to use backslash on the keyboard, rather than just doing it with a button on the remote or the mouse. I have also been curious about this, but not yet embarked on trying to find out how to do it or whether it's possible.
Depending on what remote you are using you can assign a button to be "\" or >togglefullscreen<.
or you can assign a mouse button to Toggle full screen.

Example below; will toggle full screen using a long press on your Right Mouse Button.

if you open notepad and copy the following code into it. Save the the file as an XML file ie "Mouse.XML" then place the file in your keymaps folder.

Your Keymaps folder is generally located C:\Users\"Your Computer Name"\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps.

When you start Kodi a Long Press on you right mouse button will toggle full screen.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<longclick id="1">togglefullscreen</longclick>
</mouse>
</global>
</keymap>
Thank you so much, dasco, I've now got the function on my mouse.
Thank you so much @dasco, that was very useful indeed!

I set mine to use the middle mouse button and with just a click instead of a long click, so I just changed:

to

<click id="2">togglefullscreen</click>
DASCO, Thank you for the code. It works great. I noticed, you have a few posts and they are all good. Simplicity in your posts were great. Thank you again.

(2016-07-19, 06:32)dasco Wrote: Depending on what remote you are using you can assign a button to be "\" or >togglefullscreen<.
or you can assign a mouse button to Toggle full screen.

Example below; will toggle full screen using a long press on your Right Mouse Button.

if you open notepad and copy the following code into it. Save the the file as an XML file ie "Mouse.XML" then place the file in your keymaps folder.

Your Keymaps folder is generally located C:\Users\"Your Computer Name"\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\keymaps.

When you start Kodi a Long Press on you right mouse button will toggle full screen.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- Button Ids: -->
<!-- 0: left -->
<!-- 1: right -->
<!-- 2: middle -->
<!-- 3/4/5/6: extra -->

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
</mouse>
</global>