Win DXVA not working with AMD Rx 480
Hi,

maybe someone has an idea. I recently bought one of the RX 480 to test the Video quality within Kodi. I installed both Jarvis 16.1 and Alpha2 of Kodi 17. Both version are working however I have an issue with DXVA ACC for H.264 videos.

Watching Mpeg2 TV is brilliant. The deinterlacing quality is really good but when I switch to H.264 Video (in Germany the public channels provided in 1260*720 at 50fps) the picture quality is really bad. Green artifacts, stuttering not really something you want to watch :-) When I deactivate DXVA in Video options the stuttering is gone everything is working but the quality I had with the Mpeg2 SD videos is also gone. The Software deinterlacing seems to be not good as the "DXVA" one.

So I am wondering if someone has the same issues and can help.

Same by the way for other video players like MPC. As soon as you activate DXVA you have poor quality (only for the H.264). A possible solution is to deactivate the DXVA for H.264 only but this is not possible within Kodi.

So I am a bit stuck and would appreciate if someone could help

Thanks

S
i think its a problem of the driver and has nothing to do with kodi. you have to wait for a newer driver. you should have a look at ati related forums like http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46 or the official amd/ati forum.
Hi,

yes I agree it is a driver issues however if there's a possibility to tutn off DXVA for H.264 only it would solve my problem.

Thanks

S
(2016-07-19, 07:31)alex.ba Wrote: however if there's a possibility to tutn off DXVA for H.264 only it would solve my problem.
There is no way to do that.
OK thanks for this information.

Hopefully there will be an update from AMD side soon.

Alex
Hi,
I reported this in the Guru Forum but the only answer was to permanently turn off DXVA.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=408868

I returned the card and maybe will test again in a few month.

Thanks

Alex
Sounds very similar to my issue here 283734 (thread)

I have a sample video but I took it the green flashy screen didn't show but it happens to me as well.

Seems use with amd cards do have a issue.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi

Don't forget the Thank User button if i have helped!
|
V
anyone got H264 working yet?, still not working for me on latest drive.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DXVA not working with AMD Rx 4801