A way to (efficiently) compare library to actual file names
A way to (efficiently) compare library to actual file names.

Hi everyone,
I have a pretty big movie collection and take pride (and lots of time) in keeping it as well organized as I can.
I want to state Kodi has shown me a near perfect batting avg. as far as properly identifying movies. But even though it achieve near 99% accuracy, this combined with a huge collection can cause quite a few miss.I'm talking finding here and there movies that are perfecly named as per movieDB, yet wrongly ID'ed by Kodi, and of course not when my file name has an error.

I am basically looking for a one-by-one verification process to make sure all my movies in the library show a name that perfectly matches the file name in my directories.
I would strongly prefer If I coud do it within Kodi only, as opposed to Kodi and Windows Explorer side-by-side..
Right now I need to click on each item to access the Movie Information area, then look for the Path. Once it checks out, I need to exit out of the specific movie page, back to the main list, and on to the next

I wish could just scroll the library list and see/compare at the same time the library's movie name and the path name (without having to click into it, then exit back to main list.

Is there any way to do this?
Thanks in advance for any help
Texture cache maintenance utility may be what you are looking for?

http://kodi.wiki/view/Texture_Cache_Maintenance_utility
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=158373

You can do something like 'texturecache.py j movies' and it will dump out the title it thinks the file is and the filename. That may make it easier to find mismatched ones?

The downside to this method is if it you have movies that are remakes and it picked the wrong one.
You can use the Keyboard Shortcut [I] when the movie is highlighted to access the movie information faster.

I hope this helps!Smile
Thanks already, but "TCMU" looks complicated and might causes as much problem as it solves.
As for the shorcut, thanks again, but I still have to click it, then exit out of detailed view.

I can't figure out why there's so many "different" library views, but none of which compare simultaneously libray name to actual path file name.
I could then check 14 movie names at a glance, as opposed to one by one with 2 clicks minimum for each...
You could just hack the default view to show the listitem label and filename or filenameandpath instead of eg. Confluence which shows label2.

scott s.
1) If you want to compare inside Kodi do what scott says. Hack the default fileview view insert a new label which shows the filepath near the moviename.

2) Or if you want to do it outside Kodi maybe you could write a script or code an app do display what you want.

3) An easy way is SQL. If you use a MySQL database simple execute SELECT c00,c22,strFilename FROM name_of_kodi_video_database.movie_view;
and you can see the moviename, filepath and filename
If you use the intern SQLite database just copy the videodatabase from the Kodi userdatafolder and execute the same statement.
What Scott967 suggest sounds good to me, but how does one "hack the default view"?
Andy, I'd much rather do it within Kodi, as opposed to 3rd party applications, as for MySQL, I have never been able to just download and install it, much less use it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A way to (efficiently) compare library to actual file names0