Android Cannot play videos > 9.2Gb
I use Kodi 16.1 for Android on a Minix (MINIX NEO-X8H-PLUS with Android 4.4.2 API level 19) to view recordings of Digital TV made with WMC (windows7 backend).
I can play recordings up to 9.2 Gb in size, but bigger recordings ((10.2Gb, 3 hrs 40 min for example) will not play successfully. The widget spins for about 30 seconds, then the screen goes blank for a second, then I am dumped back to the file list again. Same result whether files are being accessed via SMB or from the local USB stick in side of Minix. All videos play successfully on Kodi 16.0 on a Win 8.1 machine, so are not corrupt files.

I have tried uploading the log file via the log file uploader, but a warning notice is displayed saying an error occurred and I should read the log file! I do not have sufficient knowledge to troubleshoot this error. I tried pasting the log file into pastebin, but I have a conceptual gap as the past was accepted, but I do not know how to refer to it.

Is there a known limitation on the file size that Kodi for Android can play back, or is there a way around this limitation?

Thanks for any advice offered, love the product

JM Buy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot play videos > 9.2Gb0