Addons for HUGE libraries
Hello everyone I am trying to get some suggestions of extensions that would help with managing a massive media library. Right now I have over 400 Movies and 6,000 TV episodes on a 4TB drive that's attached to my server with a shared SQL library and SMB, that is streaming to a bunch of devices. (Mainly Raspberry Pi's). One thing I have noticed is that there is no real good way to browse through a library that is this large. I am hoping to find some kind of extension that would make recommendations like tastekid.com, Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. I know most skins will sort by category or genre but I am looking for something that would group media, kinda like how Netflix makes recommendations "Because you watched ________, check out these..." I have messed with things like PseudoTV Lite, but that runs terribly on a Raspberry Pi 2.

Thanks in advance for any help!
(2016-07-20, 16:16)technovore Wrote: Hello everyone I am trying to get some suggestions of extensions that would help with managing a massive media library. Right now I have over 400 Movies and 6,000 TV episodes on a 4TB drive that's attached to my server with a shared SQL library and SMB, that is streaming to a bunch of devices. (Mainly Raspberry Pi's). One thing I have noticed is that there is no real good way to browse through a library that is this large. I am hoping to find some kind of extension that would make recommendations like tastekid.com, Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. I know most skins will sort by category or genre but I am looking for something that would group media, kinda like how Netflix makes recommendations "Because you watched ________, check out these..." I have messed with things like PseudoTV Lite, but that runs terribly on a Raspberry Pi 2.

PseudoTV Lite is more than two years old... Use PseudoTV Live, runs great on a rpi2.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-07-20, 18:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 16:16)technovore Wrote: Hello everyone I am trying to get some suggestions of extensions that would help with managing a massive media library. Right now I have over 400 Movies and 6,000 TV episodes on a 4TB drive that's attached to my server with a shared SQL library and SMB, that is streaming to a bunch of devices. (Mainly Raspberry Pi's). One thing I have noticed is that there is no real good way to browse through a library that is this large. I am hoping to find some kind of extension that would make recommendations like tastekid.com, Amazon Prime Video or Netflix. I know most skins will sort by category or genre but I am looking for something that would group media, kinda like how Netflix makes recommendations "Because you watched ________, check out these..." I have messed with things like PseudoTV Lite, but that runs terribly on a Raspberry Pi 2.

PseudoTV Lite is more than two years old... Use PseudoTV Live, runs great on a rpi2.

Lite/Live, I get them confused. I tried Live like 4 months ago and it runs alright if you only tell it to index the first 50 (default) episodes of each TV show, but when you have shows that have been on the air forever and consist of hundreds of episodes, it only plays the first 2-3 seasons. If you tell it to index more than that it runs extremely slow.
(2016-07-20, 21:02)technovore Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 18:51)Lunatixz Wrote:

Lite/Live, I get them confused. I tried Live like 4 months ago and it runs alright if you only tell it to index the first 50 (default) episodes of each TV show, but when you have shows that have been on the air forever and consist of hundreds of episodes, it only plays the first 2-3 seasons. If you tell it to index more than that it runs extremely slow.

You paired your "Huge library" collection with a low power device... reasonable expectations Smile

If I were to tell you I want 400 Movies and 6,000 TV episodes all on a 1TB drive, you would tell me to be reasonable and limit either my collection or the quality of each video.

I ask the same of PTVL users, If you want to use a low power device that barely has enough resources to run Kodi... you'll have to limit features as a trade off.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2016-07-20, 21:18)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 21:02)technovore Wrote:
(2016-07-20, 18:51)Lunatixz Wrote: PseudoTV Lite is more than two years old... Use PseudoTV Live, runs great on a rpi2.

The RPI2 has enough power to simply act as a front end for Kodi. I have everything sitting on a server running a shared SQL database to avoid needing the Pi to index all that media and save the meta data locally. All I want is an easier way to search it, which does not require a full blown PC to do.

You paired your "Huge library" collection with a low power device... reasonable expectations Smile

If I were to tell you I want 400 Movies and 6,000 TV episodes all on a 1TB drive, you would tell me to be reasonable and limit either my collection or the quality of each video.

I ask the same of PTVL users, If you want to use a low power device that barely has enough resources to run Kodi... you'll have to limit features as a trade off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Addons for HUGE libraries0