Post your Kodi Edition Raspberry Pi Cases here
Hey guys, I'd love to see some pics of your Raspberry Pi cases all set up along with maybe a story of how you decided where they went. I'm planning on writing a blog post about them. For those people I select for the blog, there may be an additional Pi case in your future, if you'd like one.

To make things easy, please host your pics on imgur.com. And by posting in this thread, you are giving consent to let me write about your setups in the blog and use your pictures.

Also, for those who don't know what I'm talking about: https://kodi.tv/the-official-kodi-editio...y-pi-case/

Also, bonus points if you submit a youtube vid, like this guy:

The case looks great but im terrible with managing cables so that makes my setup look horrible and to make it worse the pi has cables coming from two sides which makes it even harder for me to make it look good so I decided to hide it all low down on a shelf out of the way where I generally dont see the mess. I only bought the case because my raspberry pi 3 sometimes overheated in my old plastic case and the mini heatsink i used before did little to help but this case is brilliant at removing the heat and it looks great so im really glad i bought it, it's reduced the random crashes from every few days to hardly ever and that im sure is kodi crashing and not the pi overheating as it did before.

Anyway as to my setup, the pi is sitting on top of a usb bluray player that is plugged into a powered hub and with libreelec installed and properly setup acts as my main bluray player as well as watching movies stored on my home network. I have a usb infrared receiver plugged in that is taped to the underside of my table under the tv for easy control from a universal remote as well as a mini keyboard for more complex needs, cant quite remember where i put that. Not much else to say, its just a typical raspberry pi media centre.
Looks like my cables lol.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
its true cables reproduce|multiply when they are left alone together. /me cringes
Here's mine, I modded the case by slotting the bottom corner to allow the Pi3 leds to show.
Sorry about the rotation, I can't seem to fix it, the pic shows upright in other apps.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2016-07-21, 23:15)jasonjkay Wrote: Anyway as to my setup, the pi is sitting on top of a usb bluray player that is plugged into a powered hub and with libreelec installed and properly setup acts as my main bluray player

That's cool. I don't know if I realized the Pi could act as a bluray player.
This is great idea for a thread. The case that comes with the CanaKit Pi 3 (clear, 3 parts with 2 heatsinks) is terrible at displacing heat. I've been thinking about buying a case with a fan on it. But I'd prefer to have one that's silent. I like being able to support the foundation. Before I do though, I'd really like to know how well it does at removing heat. Has anybody used this with retro gaming on top of Kodi? Playing games and rebuilding my library seems be my biggest great generators. I'd love see some real world results.
(2016-07-22, 03:05)natethomas Wrote: That's cool. I don't know if I realized the Pi could act as a bluray player.
It''s a very tricky process to get this to work as linux isnt licensed to play blurays and so cant natively play them. It involves creating certain files that have the codes that allow the blurays to be decoded and they have to be placed into a certain folder. I spent many hours getting this to work, and now i cant really remember how I did it, sorry. It works great though and ive watched many blurays.
(2016-07-22, 05:27)hansolo77 Wrote: Before I do though, I'd really like to know how well it does at removing heat.

You will have no problems with heat when using a FLIRC/Kodi case.
What could it hurt? I'll order one next paycheck!
(2016-07-22, 05:27)hansolo77 Wrote: This is great idea for a thread. The case that comes with the CanaKit Pi 3 (clear, 3 parts with 2 heatsinks) is terrible at displacing heat. I've been thinking about buying a case with a fan on it. But I'd prefer to have one that's silent. I like being able to support the foundation. Before I do though, I'd really like to know how well it does at removing heat. Has anybody used this with retro gaming on top of Kodi? Playing games and rebuilding my library seems be my biggest great generators. I'd love see some real world results.
I just bought the Canakit Pi 3 with a black case & 2 heat sinks. The temperature seems to sit between 117 degrees Fahrenheit (47 degrees Celsius) and 124 degrees Fahrenheit (51 degrees Celsius). Depending on the specific chip, the manufacturer rates the acceptable operating temperature for the Pi between 70 and 85 degrees Celsius (158-185 degrees Fahrenheit).

So constantly running, my Canakit Pi seems to be well within manufacturer's specifications. How can you say that it's "terrible at displacing heat?"
Hello, I would buy a box Kodi, but I was not clear how it is:
Is all over? just connect to the TV? Where I can buy all already install everything?
How to navigate? need of a remote control?
Could help me understand, sorry for my bad English.
(2016-07-23, 16:54)Reynald Wrote: Hello, I would buy a box Kodi, but I was not clear how it is:
Is all over? just connect to the TV? Where I can buy all already install everything?
How to navigate? need of a remote control?
Could help me understand, sorry for my bad English.
With Kodi on the Raspberry Pi, you connect to the TV with a HDMI cable. If your TV has HDMI-CEC function (most TVs now have this), then you should be able to control Kodi with your TV's remote.

The Canakit comes with a micro-SD card that has NOOBS installed on it. You can choose which operating system you would like (OSMC, OpenElec, Raspian, etc) and install it with a few clicks. Assembling the Pi board in the case and hooking it up is easy and only takes a few minutes.
Thank you for your reply .
I always wanted a Raps, but I'm afraid (lol). I wonder if it will be easy to read on my seedbox server.
I wanted to add a small keypad. I read earlier in the subject, a member has logged a PC keyboard.
There is not any set mounted solution? forced to take detached room?
I have a bluetooth keyboard hooked up (a dongle plugged into one of the four usb ports) for entering text - when doing a search, etc. Plug and play.

If you want to get overly complicated, you could hook up an IR receiver thru the RPi GPIO and get a mini-keyboard remote from Amazon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your Kodi Edition Raspberry Pi Cases here0