• 3(current)
Release CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)
Just came across this and it's great! I just wish this would've been around a while ago! Any chance you could add custom path support to clean already downloaded subtitles??
Hmm, shouldn't be too hard, just have to think of a way to open file selector window....
(2016-09-20, 22:06)DaLanik Wrote: Hmm, shouldn't be too hard, just have to think of a way to open file selector window....

Realistically, if you can accomplish this, it would truly make my day. Kodi is great and the experience is EASILY a 9/10, but the ONE thing is dealing with my subs.....the wife always asks why the hell the movies are asking for donations/votes/etc. I don't mind credits as all hard work should be given the bare minimum "thank you", but some of these subtitles just take it too far. Thank you again for this amazing addon and whether you can add my request or not, great work and thank you so much! Angel
Excactly. That's why I started doing this addon, sometimes ads and voting ads etc were really annoying Smile I'm starting to work on it, should be done by weekend I hope Smile
v1.5
- Added standalone cleaner to clean subtitles from any directory selected (set in addon settings)
- Small optimizations
(2016-09-24, 12:43)DaLanik Wrote: v1.5
- Added standalone cleaner to clean subtitles from any directory selected (set in addon settings)
- Small optimizations

Cannot wait to get home! Angel Angel Angel
Awesome! The new version works great! What would be the best method to update the database/definitions? Also, what file holds the definitions?
*EDIT* NVM, I found cleanupstrings.txt I will be creating 2 files, one that removes ads, the other one will remove ads and credits. Some people will like either or. Should I just post it here or upload the txt file somewhere?
Also, I noticed after the update when you run it as a program the first question asks to clean video library and I chose yes. I had it run over night as it seemed like it was going to take a while. I woke up and didn't see any errors, checked my directories and noticed the newly named originals. I thought everything was good(and I believe so still, explanation later). Anyways, I noticed it had processed all the subtitles I had already vetted clean. Long story short, I don't like the heuristics, disabled and replaced all the original srt files. I ran your addon and got the first question, I chose no and then a second question asked if I wanted to scan the path I chose in settings.

Here is my take and a problem:
1. Can you update the first post with some kind of disclaimer about it asking for the entire video library and custom path. No big deal to me since I reverted all changes, but answering the first question I assumed it was going to process my custom path only (Yes, even though it did say VIDEOS LIBRARY lol). Maybe I'll be the only dense person here to not figure it out who knows.

2. Now, I'm assuming that when I said yes originally to the first question that everything went fine. It appeared to process all of my files. After changing the settings to definition only and choosing my custom path only, the scan aborts EVERY time at this movie:

Alien³ (Director's Cut) (1992) (Bluray)

Gonna guess that it has to do with the 3 in the title. Just giving you a heads up as it seems to not catch/bypasses the folder when processing entire video library. Gonna try the entire video library scan and I'll let you know what I find.

3. I have all of my trailer files labeled "theme.ext" and for some reason after using the addon it has created a bunch of blank .file files in my movie directories with the same naming scheme as the subtitles after being processed.

Thanks again for this amazing addon and the recent update!

*EDIT* Am I correct in assuming that whether it deletes lines or not, it will still rename the original and create a new .srt file? That would explain why I thought it had originally cleaned my already vetted files! If this is the case, could you implement a seperate log from the kodi log with only the processed subtitles?
(2016-09-27, 01:31)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Awesome! The new version works great! What would be the best method to update the database/definitions? Also, what file holds the definitions?
*EDIT* NVM, I found cleanupstrings.txt I will be creating 2 files, one that removes ads, the other one will remove ads and credits. Some people will like either or. Should I just post it here or upload the txt file somewhere?

You found the cleanupstrings.txt. There are 2 of those. One in plugin folder (to be used after installation) and other, downloaded one in addon data folder. This second one is then used and updated from my server. If you want to add strings, send them to me and I'll update them. I couldn't think of a better way to do it....

(2016-09-27, 01:31)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Here is my take and a problem:
1. Can you update the first post with some kind of disclaimer about it asking for the entire video library and custom path. No big deal to me since I reverted all changes, but answering the first question I assumed it was going to process my custom path only (Yes, even though it did say VIDEOS LIBRARY lol). Maybe I'll be the only dense person here to not figure it out who knows.

The truth is this: Kodi doesn't support 3 button dialogs Smile I'd have to make an XML for this, and it was too complex for me to mess with that. So I ask if you want to scan LIBRARY (from your video paths in settings), if you do - it scans and cleans library. if you say NO, it then asks you if you want to scan arbitrary path, that is set in addon settings....

I will try to figure it out Smile to make 1 dialog with 3 buttons - scan library, scan path and cancel.

(2016-09-27, 01:31)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2. Now, I'm assuming that when I said yes originally to the first question that everything went fine. It appeared to process all of my files. After changing the settings to definition only and choosing my custom path only, the scan aborts EVERY time at this movie:

Alien³ (Director's Cut) (1992) (Bluray)

Damn, and I thought it was unicode fullproof... Smile Smile I'll have a look. 99% it's because of the ³ sign.

(2016-09-27, 01:31)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Am I correct in assuming that whether it deletes lines or not, it will still rename the original and create a new .srt file? That would explain why I thought it had originally cleaned my already vetted files! If this is the case, could you implement a seperate log from the kodi log with only the processed subtitles?

Hmm, good question. I'll have a look..
OK, I have found a way to display multiple choices (i.e. to ask whether to clean library or custom folder)... should be out tomorrow.... Smile
(2016-09-27, 14:58)DaLanik Wrote: OK, I have found a way to display multiple choices (i.e. to ask whether to clean library or custom folder)... should be out tomorrow.... Smile

Oh, ok awesome! That's more than I had expected! Great work on this! I will be playing with my subs today and I'll send you my cleanupstrings here in the next day or two! Thanks again for this great addon!
OK, finished the dialog. It's in the repo:

v1.6
- Improved standalone cleaner logic
- All strings read from language files
I took a look at the code and it DOES re-create all subtitle files, no matter if it found something to clean or not. The original and resulting file(s) should be the same +/- some extra CR/LF could be stripped etc.

I could pretty easily prevent script from saving the titles which have no lines cleaned. I'd prefer that to creating the log? Is the log better solution for you than not creating files that were not cleaned?
(2016-09-27, 22:55)DaLanik Wrote: I took a look at the code and it DOES re-create all subtitle files, no matter if it found something to clean or not. The original and resulting file(s) should be the same +/- some extra CR/LF could be stripped etc.

I could pretty easily prevent script from saving the titles which have no lines cleaned. I'd prefer that to creating the log? Is the log better solution for you than not creating files that were not cleaned?

To be honest whatever is easier for you. The log option would only be required if it's renaming ALL subtitles. If you can prevent it from renaming when it doesn't process, then that would be preferred. Whatever is easiest to later identify what was done.
OK, I'll prevent it from writing subtitles if there were no changes. That way, you can search (from Total Commander. ES explorer or such) for all files having _ORIGINAL at the end to find out what was changed.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)2