Release - CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
After seeing this thread I thought that this could be easily implemented in CleanSubs. It is a black bar showing under the subtitles in case you are watching a film with hard subs (encoded in the video)? Any thoughts?
find quote
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
v6.1
- Option to display black bar (background) under subtitles for better visibility with hard coded subs
find quote
alexei Offline
Hi @DaLanik, and thank you for your wonderful plugin.
As I'm seeing that you are looking to improve it, maybe you will consider to add an option to pause the video until the subtitle is cleaned.
Also, would it be possible to implement some kind of auto syncronization, for subtitles that doesn't adjust to the video? Maybe it is impossible, just asking...
Thanks!
find quote
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
Hmm, pausing is possible, but I i.e. already use Autosubs addon which opens subtitle dialog automatically and pauses video, then after that I'd have to pause as well, don't know how this would work in practice, will have to test.

As far as sync is concerned, there is nothing I can do....
find quote
HeresJohnny Offline
Fan
For auto-syncing, you'd have to run the speech through a speech recognition software to convert it to text and then compare text with subs in real time. Maybe in 3 years...
find quote
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
More like 5 Smile
find quote
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
I dunno, I just tested it with pause and on my PC (i5) the pause is like 1/10th of a second, almost unnoticable.... So no need to pause and complicate things, even if it was 1 whole second, it is still too short period to mean anything, not to mention that subs are mostly loaded on start when there's studio logo and other unimportant stuff....
find quote
alexei Offline
I'm using autosubs too, and in the begining of the video, while it is still cleaning the subs, the subs doesnt show, even if there is dialog in that moment. Sometimes I see a "1" displaying.

Again, if you see that there is no point, or it is not worth the effort, feel free to just ignore it, I understand.

Thanks!
find quote
DaLanik Offline
Posting Freak
Yes, but that happens before I have control of video. I have to wait for Subtitles dialog to close and then have to grab subs and clean them. The 1 you see is probably displayed in between time subtitles dialog close and my addon cleans the subs. Actually, I disable the subs immediately after the subs dialog is closed, process them and then enable them. So that is in between the time I have control Smile
find quote