• 15(current)
Release CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)
After seeing this thread I thought that this could be easily implemented in CleanSubs. It is a black bar showing under the subtitles in case you are watching a film with hard subs (encoded in the video)? Any thoughts?
v6.1
- Option to display black bar (background) under subtitles for better visibility with hard coded subs
Hi @DaLanik, and thank you for your wonderful plugin.
As I'm seeing that you are looking to improve it, maybe you will consider to add an option to pause the video until the subtitle is cleaned.
Also, would it be possible to implement some kind of auto syncronization, for subtitles that doesn't adjust to the video? Maybe it is impossible, just asking...
Thanks!
Hmm, pausing is possible, but I i.e. already use Autosubs addon which opens subtitle dialog automatically and pauses video, then after that I'd have to pause as well, don't know how this would work in practice, will have to test.

As far as sync is concerned, there is nothing I can do....
For auto-syncing, you'd have to run the speech through a speech recognition software to convert it to text and then compare text with subs in real time. Maybe in 3 years...
More like 5 Smile
I dunno, I just tested it with pause and on my PC (i5) the pause is like 1/10th of a second, almost unnoticable.... So no need to pause and complicate things, even if it was 1 whole second, it is still too short period to mean anything, not to mention that subs are mostly loaded on start when there's studio logo and other unimportant stuff....
I'm using autosubs too, and in the begining of the video, while it is still cleaning the subs, the subs doesnt show, even if there is dialog in that moment. Sometimes I see a "1" displaying.

Again, if you see that there is no point, or it is not worth the effort, feel free to just ignore it, I understand.

Thanks!
Yes, but that happens before I have control of video. I have to wait for Subtitles dialog to close and then have to grab subs and clean them. The 1 you see is probably displayed in between time subtitles dialog close and my addon cleans the subs. Actually, I disable the subs immediately after the subs dialog is closed, process them and then enable them. So that is in between the time I have control Smile
(2017-05-12, 09:47)DaLanik Wrote: v6.1
- Option to display black bar (background) under subtitles for better visibility with hard coded subs

Hi DaLanik.
What exactly do you mean with black bar for hard coded subs?
Hard coded subs are subs that (for lack of a better word) were "painted" in the video stream. It's not something we can remove or retouch unless if we reencode the video.
Is that what this option does? It reencodes the video and in the process it puts a black bar around the subs?

Or does this feature work on regular srt/sub/ass/ssa subtitles?
I've posted recently about a method to do this manually on a computer hoping to catch some developer's attention.
2622050 (post)
Are you doing something like this on your addon?
If not, could you better explain what it does regarding the black bars around subs?
TIA
Cheers
Amazon FireTV stick 4k Max
(worst device ever for running Kodi on...)

Kodi 20 Nexus
gone temporarily back to Kodi 19.5 due to Nexus subtitles font issues
It makes black background for the subs. Hardcoded, yes, that is exactly what it means. If the video has hardcoded subs, you can't display normal subs over it and have good visibility. That is why there is option to have black background on regular sub/srt/etc subs.
Oh wait, so you're putting a black box on top of hard coded subs so that you can load external subs and be able to read them. Is that it?
What are you doing? Reencoding the video on the fly?
What about movies that don't have hard coded subs? Could you draw an opaque box for external subs to improve readability?
Like this https://www.google.pt/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&...5228425320
Or maybe a black box if a dark-but-somewhat-transparent box is not an option. ;-)

Kodi 20 Nexus
Nope. hardcoded is mentioned only as a usage example. Ofcourse you can use this option on all videos and all subtitles (sub/srt). I just made example, because that is what it (seems to me) will be used most for. So no re-encoding anything, just changing the format of subtitles from sub/srt to ssa which supports this formatting (black background).

I don't think opaque (transparency) is supported. Only colored background.
Right! That's what I was looking for. And that's why I was asking if you could take a look at the other post that I linked on my previous message.
But apparently you've done it already, so no need for that any longer.
Gonna take a look at your addon and give it a try.
Too bad it doesn't allow for transparency, though...but I guess that's something missing in ASS/SSA so there's not much you could do about it.
Thanks a bunch.
Cheers

Kodi 20 Nexus
(2017-07-28, 13:05)john3voltas Wrote: Too bad it doesn't allow for transparency, though...but I guess that's something missing in ASS/SSA so there's not much you could do about it.

Exactly. Smile
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CleanSubs - (Clean subtitles from the ads and other rubbish)2