v17 Picture freezes up on live TV PVR
Hi, I have long time issue with freezing picture on live TV view.
Im trying to resolve it with my PVR supplier, but after it I belive, that the issue is at Kodi.

HTPC - Windows 10 Pro Czech, Kodi 16.1, DVBLink, Intel HD530, i5, 8GB RAM, SSD, ASUS MB 170 PRO.
The Kodi and PVR is installed on the same PC.

The issue is - the picture at Live TV after short time freeses up.
First stop the picture, then the sound too, after while Kodi shows buffering, and then get the sound and after while picture too.
This is repeated again after 10 - 30 s.

We found:
- this issue is only when is timeshift on PVR Addon enabled - on disabled the picture do not freeses up
- if I use other PC with new Kodi and connect it to old PC with PVR server, no freezes up occurs. The issue is related my HTPC PC and Kodi
- on my HTPC I solved the issue "ERROR: Exception caught on main loop. exiting". this seems dont occurs more, but this new issue can be elated with it
- I trying to switch off DXVA, bios setting, install new graphic card, nothing helps
- the suport from DVBLogic was connected moretimes to my machine

Please, send me instructions, what can I do for resolving this issue.

Thank you very much.
You might want to try and set up the live-tv buffer on a separate, fast disk.
See if the issue persists.
Hi, my system disk is fast SSD, is not busy and the issue dont occurs when I switch off the timeshift (the buffer remains on systém disk), therefore I think that the buffer cannot be the reason. But I will try it. Thanks
You say the buffer is on the system disk.
I am proposing to separate system and cache (buffer).
Let us know how it went.
Hi, I think that the cache for PVR is on RAM by default, I cannot to find any other settings. My RAM is 8GB, default cache should be 20971520.
I installed new V17beta1, but the issue is the same.
I cannot to find file advancedsettings.xml, on windows...
This issue stil remain, is possible correct it? Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture freezes up on live TV PVR0