Solved Smart Playlist Main Menu Items Problem
Kodi v17 alpha 2 (portable install), Aeon Nox v5.9.1. Hardware & O/S in signature. Logs upon request, just tell me which ones are needed and where to find them.

First, I'll note that this all works just fine in Kodi 16.1.

My problem: Smart Playlists added to the main menu as main menu items don't respond to mouse or keyboard.

Installed Kodi v17 A2 in portable mode. Seems to work ok. Installed Aeon Nox skin v5.9.1 thru "Get more..." link in Appearance menu of Estuary.

Added several movie libraries (including one called "Ani Shorts" containing Pixar shorts) & TV libraries the usual way. Exit to home screen, click on "Movies" item, all the movies scraped and show up. TV shows appear under "TV Shows" and work as expected.

Create a Smart Playlist (Ani Shorts), go to Videos/Playlists thru the main menu, there it is and it loads up when clicked.

Go back to the Main menu. Go to "Skin Settings/Set up main menu" and edit Custom 1 to select the "Ani Shorts" smart playlist and use fan art from that playlist for the background.

Go back to Main menu, the new custom item is there, labeled "Ani Shorts" and it uses the playlist fan art as expected. But, when I select it and try to activate it, there is no response.

(insert plea for help here)Big Grin

Thanks in advance!
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
Samsung F6300 46" LED LCD TV, SMSL Q5 Pro amplifier, Pioneer HPM-100 speakers
Synology DS215j NAS fileserver (WD Gold 10TB x 2)
Does the item path contain VideoLibrary? You probably need the latest skinshortcuts from GitHub.
Yes it does indeed. Do I download the zip from your link and install it as I would other add-ons?
Matrix 19.x (LE), Aeon Nox SiLVO, NUC8i5BEK (i5-8259U, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655, 16 GB ram, 128 GB M.2 SSD)
(2016-07-22, 00:25)whysoserious Wrote: Yes it does indeed. Do I download the zip from your link and install it as I would other add-ons?
You could edit the shortcut to say Videos instead. Aeon Nox 5 uses skin shortcuts if you have it installed but if you are on the Kodi repo version it is not updated with the proper window names. If you install from GitHub I recommend either opening it in winrar and deleting -master from the folder name before installing from zip or if you have it installed already navigate to you addons folder and delete the old one and extract the new one from GitHub and delete -master from the folder name.
Thank you, mikeSILVO! I haven't installed it yet, so I'll edit the folder name and install.
That seems to have done the trick, the playlist on the main menu now activates. Thx again!
Hi there,

EDITED: I did it again and it works. Thank you so much and congrats for the skin... looks amazing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart Playlist Main Menu Items Problem0