Get window ID?
Hi, I am trying to detect the subtitles download window. Now, I know you can get window ID with "xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowId()", but this doesn't seem to work with the subtitles window or overlay, whatever it is...

Is there a way to detect when "download subtitles" dialog/window has been opened?

Thanx!
D>
since it's a dialog, you might want to try "xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowDialogId()" instead.

another option is to use "xbmc.getCondVisibility('Window.IsActive(subtitlesearch)')"
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Cool thanx!!
Hi. I am trying to find a window ID in Eminence 2.0 skin to create a shortcut on my homepage so that i can restore my skin by just pressing the button on my homepage, rather than have to go all through the settings....how do i find the window ID please?....
http://kodi.wiki/view/Window_IDs
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi there,

Since the first question here has passed I wonder if it's still applicable.
Furthermore where do I place this "xbmcgui.getCurrentWindowDialogId()"?

I ask this because when playing DVD's my kids short push the red button on the "Harmony Hub companion" remote and I mapped with the aid of keymap editor addon to "osdsubtitlesettings.
I had to edit the .py in the "keymap editor" addon directory and added a line ("osdsubtitlesettings","Subtitle Settings") I placed this line directly after the subtitlesearch line.

What I would like todo is instead of opening this window, opening the window that offers me directly the choice of languages", I know It's only one window less opened but it's what I want.

Is this possible?
Thanks for reading
Guy

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Get window ID?0