Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon Taskbar disappears when using 2 displays
Hello,

currently i can't login to Trac so i make a bug report here.
If you use a second display, the cinnamon taskbar disappears until Kodi is closed. Additionally you have a 10px graphic "bug" at the border to the first display.
Because i'm not sure what the root cause is, i've created a similar bug report at github https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon/issues/5460
We don't support running kodi on a compositor. Start kodi directly from the login screen (choose the kodi session) and the bug will be gone.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
May I ask why you don't support running Kodi in a "compositor" and what a "compositor" is? Logging into Mint 18 in a Kodi session is out of the question as, while the bug is indeed gone, the entire primary screen (my computer monitor, as opposed to the TV) is completely black, still rendering the computer useless for anything other than using Kodi while Kodi is open. The disappearing panel bug with full screen Kodi is very annoying and I don't want to watch my movies with a title bar at the top of the screen. I want to be able to watch my movies without a title bar at the top and still be able to use my Linux Mint 18.1 Cinnamon as it was intended to be used. I also don't want to have to downgrade back to Mint 17.3 and the previous version of Cinnamon so that I can do that, but if I have to....well, then I have to. Kodi is nearly useless with this bug.

Perhaps you should consider making it work properly.
Sorry - Mint 18 broke it and I have to fix it? Did I get that right?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-06-25, 21:43)fritsch Wrote: Sorry - Mint 18 broke it and I have to fix it? Did I get that right?
So it is a Cinnamon 3.X problem? I wasn't 100% certain whether it was Cinnamon bug or a Kodi one. Apologies. I've already posted about this on the Mint forum and nobody's bothered to respond yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mint 18 Cinnamon Taskbar disappears when using 2 displays0