Stream away from home like Plex
Hi,
Is it possible to have photos/videos on a Synology NAS connected to PC with Windows and Kodi, then be able to stream to iPad and iPhone away from home?

I started to test Plex but I dont like it as much as Kodi.
Examples that Kodi is much better:
-Custom cover is a joke in Plex, renaming the files dont always fix it right.
-Plex doesnt play and choose the audio and subtitles which has default on, if subtitle track1 and track2 are language English but the track2 is on default, Plex will play track1.
-In Plex, there are no way to delete the menu/folder like in Kodi, I want it nice and simple;
https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/127524...m-plex-web

Thanks in advance
You won't be able to stream with Kodi like you do with Plex. Kodi is great at playing local files and being customizable, Plex is not very customizable at all and is more limited in many ways but it is great at streaming just about anything to just about anywhere. Personally I use both - Kodi on my htpc and Plex to share my media with family or for the occasional time I want to access our shows/movies while traveling or something. I spent a lot of time making sets and setting artwork in Kodi but since I only use Plex on rare occasions I don't really care that I can't organize it as nicely or make it look how I want. My only real complaint about Plex is that they still have no m3u playlist import, which is insane to me. But that's another rant.

I've heard that Emby has come along way in the past year or so, that might be worth checking out for you.
Can vouch for emby. I use it and it integrates with kodi very well. Not sure the Nas will run it well though

Sent from my XT1254
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
I use PlayOn and it works great. Not sure if you have to pay for the MyMedia function as I am a lifetime member.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stream away from home like Plex0